Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I Killed my Inspire Motors at 400 Feet.

Can you confirm that you performed the CSC while in-flight? That is -- did you pull the left stick back and to the right and the right stick back and to the left?

Brian
I did replay the flight and the last thing recorded was left stick down to left and right stick down to right. At the time I was doing a shot that went straight up. When I started to bring it down and to the right I apparently inadvertently pushed the left controller to the left causing the CSC in-flight.

It's been discussed here multiple times with equally multiple views on the subject and one in the last week or so. Do a search and by all means contribute to the debate. Don't be surprised if this post gets locked by the mods though.
I'm sure it has been discussed multiple times but it doesn't hurt anyone to remind new members or new owners. I personally had not previously seen a post about mid-flight CSC.

I'm sure it has been discussed multiple times but it doesn't hurt anyone to remind new members or new owners. I personally had not previously seen a post about mid-flight CSC.
James, your missing the whole point of what I said! If you had done a search and added your experience to it then it would be bumped and appear a top for new owners to see as you rightly said. That is important so that new flyers are encouraged to read the manual and deliberately stay away from that combination of stick movement.

I am a major advocate of debate and discussion but just not in starting a new thread when there are others that you too would benefit from reading, that is what I was trying to get across...for everyone's benefit.

Hi all just a quick note, we have looked at this being a problem for awhile such as rouge/ lost drone, kill switches and as i have seen here drones falling out of the sky etc.

We have just invested in this product inspire parachute costing € 199 and awaitng for it to arrive. There are loads of really expensive versions all claiming safety etc however a shute is a shute and could save you a fortune please see the link it might help a few out there.
this HTML class. Value is Parachutes - UAV DRONES

Edit: Link corrected by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for those trying to use a link i apologise if you google inspire 1 parachute you will soon come across the opale par system.

Edit: I have corrected the link above - it should now work - The Editor

Hi all. Sorry to bring this subject up again but I am wondering if someone who has ordered the little gadget posted on this thread earlier if you could tell me how they work? Do they easily turn around while flying. What I worry about is it turning around by itself to the upper position and suddenly its stopping you putting on max throttle and more importantly moving around by itself so that it does not in fact stop you turning off your motors while flying? Thanks in advance.

I just installed mine today. It fits tight so that it doesn't turn by itself. You actually screw the knob down onto it so that helps keep it tight also. I haven't flown with it yet but it doesn't seem like it will turn by itself. As far as preventing it from killing the motors in flight that's what it's designed to do in the event you accidently go into a CSC situation. If you want to kill the motors in an emergency you would have to turn the device quickly so that you could pull the sticks in together I guess. Unless there is another CSC that will kill motors. You could play around with it on the simulator and find out.

Thanks for the information Reddy Kilowhat. Much appreciated. I will order a few when I get paid. As a temporary solution I have made a small plastic piece to stop me turning off the blades in flight.

Thanks for the information Reddy Kilowhat. Much appreciated. I will order a few when I get paid. As a temporary solution I have made a small plastic piece to stop me turning off the blades in flight.
When you limit left stick movements like that, you risk not being able to get your AC to go where you want it, and that might be to avoid something. That is a very dangerous mod IMO!

Last edited:
When you limit left stick movements like that, you risk not being able to get your AC to go where you want it, and that might be to avoid something. That is a very dangerous mod IMO!
Hi. Thanks for your comment. It stops movement in the lower right corner by approx 1 mm. A lot less dangerous than turning off the motors in flight IMO. And it does exactly what the device earlier in this thread achieves just without the chance of it accidently turning around. Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan