Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I need help with firmware upgrade

I wouldn't fly it if you can confirm the camera doesn't work on the ground. You don't have to fly to test that, and shouldn't fly with any known fault.

Camera seems to do a self check, but not like I've watched it in videos. I will try to fly the thing anyway and see what may be up. Thanks for your reply.
If you are not seeing the full camera/gimbal self-check which is quite elaborate then you have something wrong with the gimbal or its connection. Ensure that it is correctly seated. There are 2 very small plastic pins on the aircraft side that engage in 2 holes on the gimbal contact circuit board.

After opening the case everything needed an update. i1, Rc, and 2 batteries. First attempt I couldn't figure out what was happening. 2nd try worked after I gave it some time (20 minutes) to figure it out. Had to use USB cord to camera to get update to first RC. (used a stick USB card reader to hold the microSD card in the USB slot on the second RC.) Now new 5700 batteries need updating. Will have to dig out micro SB card with .bin file update on it. Will I see and update txt file for each battery? How will I know which file goes to which battery?

After opening the case everything needed an update. i1, Rc, and 2 batteries. First attempt I couldn't figure out what was happening. 2nd try worked after I gave it some time (20 minutes) to figure it out. Had to use USB cord to camera to get update to first RC. (used a stick USB card reader to hold the microSD card in the USB slot on the second RC.) Now new 5700 batteries need updating. Will have to dig out micro SB card with .bin file update on it. Will I see and update txt file for each battery? How will I know which file goes to which battery?
The straight answer is yes. You need to have a MicroSD with the .bin file fitted for each battery. Insert the card and battery and power up. It will take about 90 secs for each battery to update. During this process the battery power switch will be disabled. It is important during all updates to wait and don't to anything until you hear the D...DD tones. Then shutdown and repeat for each battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry