Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I think I've settled on this case....

Reaction score
Go professional cases...

inspire-landing-mode--15-main-hero_3.jpg

I'll have to take the blades off but that's about as close as ready to fly as I'm going to get I suppose.

http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/dji-inspire-1-landing-mode-case.html

Reactions: sirnikolas
Go professional cases...

inspire-landing-mode--15-main-hero_3.jpg

I'll have to take the blades off but that's about as close as ready to fly as I'm going to get I suppose.

http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/dji-inspire-1-landing-mode-case.html

Hi Mark,

Good choice my friend, this is what I just brought. It arrived last week and it's fantastic. The only thing I noticed was that I had to make a tiny little modification to the square hole between the two controller holders in order to fit the Inspire camera box but seriously, it's a great case.

Reactions: Mark Mahoney
Hi Mark,

Good choice my friend, this is what I just brought. It arrived last week and it's fantastic. The only thing I noticed was that I had to make a tiny little modification to the square hole between the two controller holders in order to fit the Inspire camera box but seriously, it's a great case.
Are you taking the camera off when you're driving somewhere to film?

Are you taking the camera off when you're driving somewhere to film?

If it's a short distance like a 20-30 minute drive then no but longer distance such as earlier this week when I drove 400km across country then yes, but only as a precaution. The dampers on the gimbal plate are more than sufficient to absorb most vibrations created by typical driving on typical roads but in the event of a sudden jarring such as an accident or something similar I'd rather play it safe.

Hi Mark,

Pete,

I am correct in the fact that the only thing you're removing are the props, correct?

Thanks,

Mark

If it's a short distance like a 20-30 minute drive then no but longer distance such as earlier this week when I drove 400km across country then yes, but only as a precaution. The dampers on the gimbal plate are more than sufficient to absorb most vibrations created by typical driving on typical roads but in the event of a sudden jarring such as an accident or something similar I'd rather play it safe.
Good to know thanks Pete.
I'm kinda torn atm. I'd like to buy the GPC landing mode version but I also want to buy the Zeiss Cinemizers... I can't decide which to get...

I received a Tradecraft case on Wednesday. While the GoProfessional is a great case it is vary large. I chose the Tradecraft because of its smaller form factor. It can be seen at tradecraftcases.com. Here is what it looks like with the Inspire installed. Not that you do not have to go into travel mode for this case.

I received a Tradecraft case on Wednesday. While the GoProfessional is a great case it is vary large. I chose the Tradecraft because of its smaller form factor. It can be seen at tradecraftcases.com. Here is what it looks like with the Inspire installed. Not that you do not have to go into travel mode for this case.

Can you carry the inspire in travel mode in this case as well or does it only support gear down?

Only in gear down. I think you'll discover that all the cases will only allow one configuration because the dimensions of the bird changes between landing and travel modes.

I am flying from Texas to Australia on Wednesday. Has anyone had experience checking the tradecraft case? Just curious if the anyone had any issues traveling with the inspire in non-travel mode?

If you could please give us a review on the case.

If you could please give us a review on the case.
Got mine today. Tahoe Ed is better at reviews than me. Mine is excellent for what I was looking for, except too big for my motorcycle. I've already fabricated a cushion for the camera so it will be supported during travel, using a beer insulation coosie, but I'm sure I'll get a better system than that so that the camera doesn't flop around while mounted during travel. Everything fits very snug and secure, good protection for airport check baggage abuse. Thought I was going to have to cut out slots for the rc metal bracket, but after reading the directions the rc goes in last and rests snugly secured against the foam holding down the Inspire. For longer trips the camera can be stored in its box and securely stored in a custom cut firm hole. Room for everything and more, and all you have to do for everyday flying is remove the Inspire, install props, calibrate compass preflight check etc and fly, without having to turn on the Inspire and rc to exit travel mode, install camera, turn it on again. etc. I like that a lot, plus the extra protection for transporting the gear. For hard surfaces, the wheels and pull handle are nice, don't know how well that will work on grassy fields... Tahoe Ed can give us some pictures and more expert review. Overall I'm happy, hopefully this won't change with use.

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
I see you are also a Beemer rider. :D

If you would post up photos of the case on the K1600GT on your next trip.

Thanks for the quick review.
With dji case

uploadfromtaptalk1426891936219.jpg

I don't think theres any way the new case will fit, but if I can get it to work I'll post a picture
Enjoy life and be nice

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Ahhh you cheated. You have a backsupport. :D

Thanks.
I might get the new case to work if I take off backrest, but it will be cramped!
But, a gt instead of the gtl with topcase, could probably carry the bigger case with no problem. I don't want to remove my topcase but might, never tried to take it off so it might be easy to do
Enjoy life and be nice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips