Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I Want My mah Back!

Ok I got my mah back.
Here's how to get er back.

I was down to 5100mah on a 5700mah TB48 and now I'm back to 5660mah capacity.

The DJI battery firmware depletes "capacity" based on some mysterious and quite aggressive factors. I had lost 10% of my TB48's capacity in just 12 charges and set out to try to get my mah back.

Note: if you are uncomfortable opening a DJI battery top, stop here.

Follow this procedure to the letter, especially the "wait 60 min" part, then charge and fly your battery down and repeat. By the end of the first cycle (charge, fly, charge), your battery capacity should be restored.

1. Carefully detach the battery’s top cover – a fine knife or flat head screw driver will allow you to easily unclip the cover.

2. Gently disconnect the balance plug / loom to the IC. Let it sit unplugged for 60 minutes.
Reattach the plug / loom.

3. Fully charge your battery and do two full cycle at low level hover.

4. Condition your battery and you are good to go.

Below are the before and after pics of the same battery.

Have fun!

View attachment 5949
View attachment 5950
That's interesting!
Like I said in my previous post......DJI being a little over zealous in their algorithms????
Now, obviously, the company line would be they are over egging the depleted amount for 'safety' reasons.

But on the other hand.......DJI will always want to sell batteries......... :rolleyes:

That's interesting!
Like I said in my previous post......DJI being a little over zealous in their algorithms????
Now, obviously, the company line would be they are over egging the depleted amount for 'safety' reasons.

But on the other hand.......DJI will always want to sell batteries......... :rolleyes:

I'll let you know if I drop out of the sky. Oh wait. I can't because I've got redundant aux batteries! :)

Will be interesting if it claws that back again after the same number of cycles.

The evil DJI mah gremlin likes nothin more than to steel your juice [emoji6]

Reactions: The Editor
That is great news Damon and does tend to back up what the Editor said about aggressive under reporting of capacity.

What would be nice is if some others in a similar situation are able to repeat the process with similar results.

Brian

Weird... I just checked all my batteries to see if my mah was still there.
All batteries look to be in good shape... The oldest batteries have a little over 40 charges on each and they are each at 90% capacity. That's not too bad imo

Last edited:
That is great news Damon and does tend to back up what the Editor said about aggressive under reporting of capacity.

What would be nice is if some others in a similar situation are able to repeat the process with similar results.

Brian

I'm headed home from work to unplug ALL my batteries. I want ALL my mah back. :)

Reactions: Phatzo
Just heard from my friend Theo that this tip gave new life to his batteries again, from 3600mah capacity on TB47's back up to about 4096mah.

Just heard from my friend Theo that this tip gave new life to his batteries again, from 3600mah capacity on TB47's back up to about 4096mah.

What Mah they say on the screen is one thing, but in reality is the battery behavior longer and stable?

What Mah they say on the screen is one thing, but in reality is the battery behavior longer and stable?

That's what it looks like yes. I'll be doing more testing to be sure the recovered mah is real and fly able but it appears to be the case.

They are rolling your odometer forward on you prematurely.

I think it's maybe something that you don't want to be doing every week but maybe every 3 or 4 months or so.
Also of course, DJI could get wind of this and stamp on it with a FW 'feature enhancement' :p

Reactions: damoncooper
My only concern is that what your doing is clearing the fuel guage memory and it's picking a new figure based on initial readings, if your actual capacity has dropped you could end up in a situation of a rapid drop in capacity in flight.

I hope I'm wrong but just be a little careful.

You can't get back what you don't actually have but hopefully some of the large drops are just the FW being over keen.

Reactions: The Editor
I'm headed home from work to unplug ALL my batteries. I want ALL my mah back. :)
Does the battery have to at a certain % for this to work best? Say you fly a batt down to 20% or so and unplug it for the 60 mins. Then fully charge it for this to take effect?

Does the battery have to at a certain % for this to work best? Say you fly a batt down to 20% or so and unplug it for the 60 mins. Then fully charge it for this to take effect?

No, just unplug at whatever you're at. Wait 60 min, plug back in, fully charge, fly to 3.3V/5%/cutoff (deep cycle), fully charge again and capacity should be vastly improved.

Post your before and after GO app battery page if you don't mind. For science! :)

I wonder if this trick will work on a battery from March 2015. TB48, it's been charged 44 times, last night had a sudden drop in voltage. Once checked, the battery does not charge when on the rapid charger. I get the green LED almost immediately and the on/off battery button turns green.
It acts like the battery isn't cycling during charging, I'm thinking bad cell. Is it now a doorstop?
I'm unplugged so we'll see if this helps my issue...

On battery issue: The on/off switch was reset, seemed promising. I continue having same issue, on charger it immediately lights the single LED on Top of Battery Bar. While on IN1 the bottom a single light.
Not enough power for RC to recognize the bird. It was certainly worth trying. This battery was my
first TB48, it was never babied, and lasted 11 months. No complaints. Interesting though in caring for batteries, the battery listed below has been charged 30% more presently. More attention in care
makes a difference.

Back on topic, another battery TB48 has been charged 62 times. 85% life remaining, and reads 5298 mah. This battery is 6 months old.

Last edited:
I wonder if this trick will work on a battery from March 2015. TB48, it's been charged 44 times, last night had a sudden drop in voltage. Once checked, the battery does not charge when on the rapid charger. I get the green LED almost immediately and the on/off battery button turns green.
It acts like the battery isn't cycling during charging, I'm thinking bad cell. Is it now a doorstop?
I'm unplugged so we'll if this helps my issue...

Back on topic, another battery TB48 has been charged 62 times. 85% life remaining, and reads 5298 mah. This battery is 6 months old.

Let us know how it goes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg