Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I would like to see a Pro forum. And what about the rules?

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/starting-a-suas-business.4930/

This is what I mean, this poster would be helped straight away with a commercial/pro forum.
Seems to me it's right there in front of you to choose to read or not..
that's what's great about this forum is mutiple topics ..
rc groups.com is more professional but there's mutiple topics in one thread and it moves very fast and is hard to keep up with..
the pilots there are kind of clicky and usually don't respond to new members or general questions. ..

Reactions: PB30X and Busch
Again Not knocking the Idea! BUT! Let's remember what brought us here!
Passion and again passion. We're all hobbyists, at least I am, it's only that I got the papers to be able to charge for it, that's all. Nothing elite here. Many hobbyists are true artists when it comes to flying and have exceptional knowledge.

rc groups.com is more professional but there's mutiple topics in one thread and it moves very fast and is hard to keep up with..
the pilots there are kind of clicky and usually don't respond to new members or general questions. ..
I don't like the clickyness you mention and I understand precisely what you mean. However, it's just how things work, and always worked. People share thoughts with people preferably on what they perceive as 'the same level', whatever that may be.

Nothing wrong with pleading/lurking the 5th lol. We all live in different time zones and all corners of the world. This is definitely a more laid back forum versus RCGROUPS no doubt about that[emoji6]! As for experienced technicians, pilots, either way they exist on both forums. Knowledge is here or there for the taking, it's just MASS reading for the newbie to absorb. Especially for EXISTING or ARISING PROBLEMS. Firmware updates alone are a CLUSTER to feather through and look for specific fixes[emoji15]!

More specifically than anything a TROUBLESHOOTING section should be implemented as far as firmware, fixes, and such. This alone is General discussion and tends to be overwhelming..

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I have never been more exited about technology in my whole life. So that makes me probably the biggest hobbyist of all. I'm not afraid to call myself a hobbyist. There I said it.
Ich bin ein Berliner as the great JFK once said, comes to mind.

When it comes to the Inspire1, WE'RE ALL BERLINERS

LOL really.

EDIT and I must haste myself to explain that this was a metaphor, nothing else :)

I don't like the clickyness you mention and I understand precisely what you mean. However, it's just how things work, and always worked. People share thoughts with people preferably on what they perceive as 'the same level', whatever that may be.
Just because it's always been a certain way in the past doesn't mean it should be now...

I have never been more exited about technology in my whole life. So that makes me probably the biggest hobbyist of all. I'm not afraid to call myself a hobbyist. There I said it.
Ich bin ein Berliner as the great JFK once said, comes to mind.

When it comes to the Inspire1, WE'RE ALL BERLINERS

LOL really.

EDIT and I must haste myself to explain that this was a metaphor, nothing else :)
I'd call you an enthusiast! !because that's what you are and I love it!!!

Reactions: lake_flyer
Just because it's always been a certain way in the past doesn't mean it should be now...
I admire your optimism but over the thousands of years this behaviour has never changed.
However, developments in social behaviour tend to change faster with every decennium, so I really hope you're right there.

What a wonderful world it would be.
Here I go again, now quoting good old Sam Cook. What's wrong with me?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Constructive and valuable!
I would never want to impose censorship. I would like to discuss anything open as long as it's a common policy to inform and advise what's right.
A pro section would not have to be invitation only, never suggested that. Open for everyone, just like the other forums here.

RE: "a pro section", as I mentioned, I'd recommend calling it a "Commercial Pilot's Forum" rather than "professional". I think "professional" is a matter of personal opinion, while "commercial" indicates the pilot has gone through the rigorous challenges of achieving certification or 333 exemption.

As an example, although I think I fly in a professional manner, that's WAY below the qualifications and attention to detail required for 333 exemption. I've read through the granted 333 exemption I posted a pointer to on another thread, and read through the FAA guidelines for submitting the request for exemption. Requesting and receiving that exemption raises the bar significantly in terms of a pilot's knowledge of their aircraft, maintenance, flight plans, airspace authories, insurance issues, etc. It also raises their accountability for making wrong decisions, and getting wrong or spurious advice from amateurs, even well-intentioned amateurs, might be problematic.

I guess overall, my opinion is that if your (valid, IMO) suggestion is implemented, that it be called a "Commercial Pilot's Forum", and be "invitation only" for posting with the caveat that anyone can get an invitation by becoming certified or having a 333 exemption.

Again, just my opinion.

mTp

.......with the caveat that anyone can get an invitation by becoming certified or having a 333 exemption.

mTp

The problem with that is it becomes a "You can't come in here unless you show me your pass" area and we want to try and stay away from that.

Whilst I would be happy to see a 'Professional/Commercial/Certified' area its not an easy desicion or easy to implement without ruffling some feathers - you can never please everybody all of the time.

Like I said, I will discuss this with Mazz and Jacob and our desicion will be posted up on the forums.

I would make it just like the pilot lounge or any other subforum here. Open for everybody, but you know it is mainly about legal commercial flying. So you don't easily start a topic that wouldn't belong there. Just like you don't start a topic about balancing props in the 'hand held gimbal' forum. Balancing props could well be discussed in this 'pro' forum just as it could be in General, although one should not expect to get an answer to, for example, how much higher than 500m can I go if I use this or that, other than that "you shouldn't want to go higher" or "please don't ask us, we're flying by the book". We could make a sticky with explaining the general professional rules vs the general amateur rules.

Everybody could benefit from that, if he/she wants.

And that sticky needs to be updated with all the upcoming law changes in different countries.
I think it would help to make things very clear to everybody, and this board as a whole would serve as an advocate for the entire drone community, setting an example and showing the general public we do care.

I guess overall, my opinion is that if your (valid, IMO) suggestion is implemented, that it be called a "Commercial Pilot's Forum", and be "invitation only" for posting with the caveat that anyone can get an invitation by becoming certified or having a 333 exemption.
I don't agree. That way you get this elite group and that's not what i intended with my post at all.
I do like the term professional better because it would indeed include everybody who wants to fly seriously and safe and considers himself professional.

More specifically than anything a TROUBLESHOOTING section should be implemented as far as firmware, fixes, and such. This alone is General discussion and tends to be overwhelming..
Didn't we have the Help forum for that?

Reactions: PB30X
Didn't we have the Help forum for that?
Either my settings or forum settings keep directing me to unread forums.. I have been using Tapatalk, so forgive me lol. But most help topics have been or will always be posted General Discussion. It's been the trend since the inception of FORUMS.. I do believe the mods can elaborate that lol. It's not an easy Job. Forum directories can be confusing and navigating through endless options and selections just get confusing for even the seasoned forum goers. But yes, FILE INDEXING is a MUST[emoji6] Easier search options..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1