Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 and X5s with Olympus 45 mmm lens

Reaction score
I bought a X5s for the I2 and I did an update and the camera connects and everything works however as soon as I power up the camera flip 90 degrees. It basically goes vertically. What am I doing wrong? Had a I1 with the x5 had no trouble.

I bought a X5s for the I2 and I did an update and the camera connects and everything works however as soon as I power up the camera flip 90 degrees. It basically goes vertically. What am I doing wrong? Had a I1 with the x5 had no trouble.
Hello.! Could you give a little more detail about your problem? You say that when you install the camera in the I2, you have an image without problems, but when you rotate the camera 90 degrees (to the right or to the left) the problem occurs... does it occur when you rotate 90 degrees to both sides or only to one? ..The problem with the camera, is it when the original lens or 45mm lens is installed..?…I think you should reinstall the firmware of the camera and I2 and try again. Alternate between one lens and another to see if the problem persists, clean the connectors of both the camera and the I2 coupling, I don't think it's a problem with the camera's flex ribbon being damaged, if not, you would have a constant error or failure. Greetings.!

My apologies. So I have 2 cameras the X5s and the X4S. The X4S load it on the I2 and it goes through its progression and ready to fly. The x5s camera w/ 45 mm lens and fires up instead of going through the process of loading (spins & motor checks) it rotates on the axis 90 degrees. If you look at it from a quick glance it looks normal until u look at the screen the image that see through the screen 90 degrees except for the controls for drone operations is normal. No warnings says ready to fly. Look closely at the gimbal the camera is physically 90 degrees as well. Turn it on and it immediately does it. Wondering if one of the sensors are damaged. Idk 🤷‍♂️ I bought the camera used so probably get what u pay for.

My apologies. So I have 2 cameras the X5s and the X4S. The X4S load it on the I2 and it goes through its progression and ready to fly. The x5s camera w/ 45 mm lens and fires up instead of going through the process of loading (spins & motor checks) it rotates on the axis 90 degrees. If you look at it from a quick glance it looks normal until u look at the screen the image that see through the screen 90 degrees except for the controls for drone operations is normal. No warnings says ready to fly. Look closely at the gimbal the camera is physically 90 degrees as well. Turn it on and it immediately does it. Wondering if one of the sensors are damaged. Idk 🤷‍♂️ I bought the camera used so probably get what u pay for.

I understand. You say that the camera is used, you do not have a history of the previous owner to know if the camera was with details.? When forcing the cam once it stops at the 90 degree position, it feels like the motor presents opposition when forcing it.? The camera being turned off has free movement when manipulating it..?. Perhaps the motors or the flex are having problems, perhaps it is best to send it to the DJI technical service. Luck.
I understand. You say that the camera is used, you do not have a history of the previous owner to know if the camera was with details.? When forcing the cam once it stops at the 90 degree position, it feels like the motor presents opposition when forcing it.? The camera being turned off has free movement when manipulating it..?. Perhaps the motors or the flex are having problems, perhaps it is best to send it to the DJI technical service. Luck.

A few thoughts. It’s very possible that the camera was useable without any update.
Updates are NOT mandatory and DJI products are useable straight from the box, new or used. Without any history on what you acquired, and more precise information, all that can be done is guess.

I got it back it was a stabilizer motor burned out. They fixed it and is working perfectly now. 80 bucks with taxes. They threw in a sandisk 32 gb. Thank you for the tips but not bad. Bought it for 800 plus 80 for the repair and came with the Olympus 45mm lens which looks to be in great shape. Auto focus was very quick. Im an amateur so still learning but having fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpeg
    IMG_0148.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0147.jpeg
    IMG_0147.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Members online

Forum statistics