Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 drifting to the corners.

Reaction score
I've had my I2 for a few days now and I'm still keeping it close and low to make sure everything is working good before I start sending it out further. The problem I'm having is that when I barely push forward or back on the right stick, the craft instead of flying in a straight line, drifts off to the corner. If I make the drone move quicker the problem goes away and it flies in the direction I want it to. I have done a controller and compass calibration multiple times but haven't had any luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

IMU calibration would be the other one to do, but make sure the aircraft is really cold before you do it.

Did the imu when I first got it and did it within the first few seconds after startup. I did do the compass cali behind my house so maybe that might be causing the issue.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Did the imu when I first got it and did it within the first few seconds after startup. I did do the compass cali behind my house so maybe that might be causing the issue.

Why did you calibrate IMU when you first got it? Was there something wrong? When you do calibrations for the sake of doing them, it sometimes breaks what isn't broken. :/

Reactions: blade strike
I've had my I2 for a few days now and I'm still keeping it close and low to make sure everything is working good before I start sending it out further. The problem I'm having is that when I barely push forward or back on the right stick, the craft instead of flying in a straight line, drifts off to the corner. If I make the drone move quicker the problem goes away and it flies in the direction I want it to. I have done a controller and compass calibration multiple times but haven't had any luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Put the aircraft in atti mode on a very calm day, maybe late evening and see if it drifts any ( without VPS). If the IMU Calibration is good it should not drift. Also, how many satellites do you have when this happens?

Put the aircraft in atti mode on a very calm day, maybe late evening and see if it drifts any ( without VPS). If the IMU Calibration is good it should not drift. Also, how many satellites do you have when this happens?

I have 13-16 sats on average sometimes more. Would a bad a compass calibration cause it?

Have you calibrated the sticks on the R/C sometimes if it's not correct a back could include a small amount of left or right if they are miss aligned. You will find under the R/C section only takes a few seconds worth a try if your still having issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1