Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 FPV Camera/X5S Focus

Reaction score
I have an issue with my I2 drone that I can't seem to remedy with IMU/Gimbal calibration. The FPV camera consistently has a left hand slant. In flight it will go to and stay at it's extreme left limit at times.

Another problem is with the X5S camera/focus. The majority of the time the left side of the image will be soft/out of focus while the center/right side will be sharp. At times the whole frame will be in focus.

Thoughts?

I haven't heard of a lot of issues with the FPV camera, but I have heard several reports similar to what you're describing with a blurry left side when using the Olympus 25mm lens.

I don't know if the lens is the problem or if it's a hardware or software issue with the X5S, but there are problems for some and for others it's a favorite lens.

Is that the glass you're using?

Another problem is with the X5S camera/focus. The majority of the time the left side of the image will be soft/out of focus while the center/right side will be sharp
Same problem here, unfortunately without solution till now.

I'm using the included 15mm lens.

I believe I've found the issue with the X5S focus, or at least the fix. It doesn't like being in Auto at all. In aperture priority or the other manual modes everything is sharp. I guess I just can't be lazy with Auto for buzzing around.

The FPV camera will still get off balance but making it lower 45' and back up seems to remedy it.

That's interesting...I don't think I've heard of that issue with the DJI 15mm lens, but next time someone mentions it with any lens I'll have to ask if they get it with manual settings or not.

If you start having problems in manual please post again here so we have another data point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell