Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Props! and controller Really...Still?

Reaction score
New I2 came yesterday, controller was not linked to the drone and would not link out of the box. Had to do a firmware update on the I2 and then the controller to get GO4 it to even look for it. Finally after the updates it found it and paired. Installed some props on the system and man! rattled like my first old Ford car I bought for $50 when I was a teen. 3 of the 4 motors rattled like a baby rattle. All props had foam inserts.

I added more foam from a T47 battery box I had and that did stopped it rattling but the props still moved up and down a tad when touching the blades. So I added a thin strip of electrical tape to the prop stud and with the additional foam and they are now firm with no movement or rattles. But come on man! Really? a $3k system you have to do this to???? Also noticed the controller buzzes like I'm beside an electrical power plant.

This stuff I could see on a $100 toy but WTF DJI...

Where did you purchase from? And 3k? Even the I2 with an x4s is 3,600. And yes, with those difficulties with a new and very expensive system, I'd be pissed too. Maybe it'll surprise you and fly great regardless.

Reactions: deltalimatango
Where did you purchase from? And 3k? Even the I2 with an x4s is 3,600. And yes, with those difficulties with a new and very expensive system, I'd be pissed too. Maybe it'll surprise you and fly great regardless.

Yeah I know its a $3600 system I was just speaking in general $3K+ system. Purchased from a DJI Dealer, I was the first one to open it. Did take it up out in front of the house about 20ft to see it hover and check camera quality. Did all that fine. Be taking it out somewhere tomorrow to really check it out. But they should have this type of QC way under control by now. When you have to add foam and tape to make a $3k machine solid that's saying something about a company. They should remanufacture all new props or new locking system and end this situation. Not just put a little foam in them just to quite things down bit and still have some prop wobble, good lord.

If I was a complete noobie and bought this setup and nothing worked correctly out of the box and motors sounded like they has loose screws in them, they would permanently soiled my thinking regarding the quality products produced from this company.

I have owned other DJI products and know they can do better though.

Last edited:
Go c/f props

Yeah new props would do it. But I was just venting that we should not have to or even need to consider buying different props to cure an issue for a new in the box DJI system. Or have to go through what I did just to get the whole thing working with firmware upgrades. But anyways I'm slowly starting to get over it now. Until my landing gear starts sticking...shoot why did I think that!

We actually everything from Heliengadin for both the Inspire 1 and Inspire 2. They arrived last week while we were at AUVSI and might need to get everything posted. I'll make sure all the folding props regular props and adapters are available to be purchased by morning.

Thanks!

Reactions: SanCap
We actually everything from Heliengadin for both the Inspire 1 and Inspire 2. They arrived last week while we were at AUVSI and might need to get everything posted. I'll make sure all the folding props regular props and adapters are available to be purchased by morning.

Thanks!

Here is my Inspire 2 squared! They are flying well, Thanks Michael.

I22.jpg

But any of their props need an adapter to connect to the motors?

Also on a side note what do you use your skyzimir brackets for? Never heard of them till I saw your picture.

The folders do not need an adapter, they will mount directly to the I2 motors once the pieces parts that DJI installed are removed. Only the solid props need an adapter.

The skyzmir brackets are for a release mechanism and can be used for a variety of things from dropping a life preserver or a squeaky toy rubber ducky :)

The folders do not need an adapter, they will mount directly to the I2 motors once the pieces parts that DJI installed are removed. Only the solid props need an adapter.

The skyzmir brackets are for a release mechanism and can be used for a variety of things from dropping a life preserver or a squeaky toy rubber ducky :)

Great thanks. These DJI shaky props are making me nervous. I'll have to pick up a set.

This Skyzimir product is very interesting. Have had an application where you've used them yet?

I'm curious what benefit folding props provide? Is it just setup time?

Yes set up time and protection with a smaller profile while on deck or sitting in the back of my vehicle. I fly from a small boat often and may have to get into the water to get to shore. I do have the GPC backpack on order and will need to take the I2 in and out often at the beach, as well as moving from location to location while traveling on my small boat. It may also be part personal preference but I like the I2 in a case whenever I can. This is going to be very convenient for me while getting footage on the water.

Attachments

• I2sb001.jpg
    I2sb001.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 71
  • I2003.jpg
    I2003.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 70
Yes set up time and protection with a smaller profile while on deck or sitting in the back of my vehicle. I fly from a small boat often and may have to get into the water to get to shore. I do have the GPC backpack on order and will need to take the I2 in and out often at the beach, as well as moving from location to location while traveling on my small boat. It may also be part personal preference but I like the I2 in a case whenever I can. This is going to be very convenient for me while getting footage on the water.

Got it. I saw the folding props but cannot justify the excessive cost if there really is not much benefit. The regular props seem to be just fine and I'm slightly hesitant about putting non-DJI props on my bird as a fellow I2 owner tried some carbon props a few weeks back and the mount stripped right out of the motor during flight and he's now working on a claim with his insurance. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters