Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Props! and controller Really...Still?

Got it. I saw the folding props but cannot justify the excessive cost if there really is not much benefit. The regular props seem to be just fine and I'm slightly hesitant about putting non-DJI props on my bird as a fellow I2 owner tried some carbon props a few weeks back and the mount stripped right out of the motor during flight and he's now working on a claim with his insurance. Thanks for the info.

I have 20 hours + on the rigid T-Motor CF props and Heliengadin adapters without issue. You have to do what you are comfortable with.

I have 20 hours + on the rigid T-Motor CF props and Heliengadin adapters without issue. You have to do what you are comfortable with.

I have to agree. I finally got my CF folding blades on and could not be happier. They are a bit quieter as well. A buddy was surprised at how quiet they were at hover. I did get a strange warning though. For some reason, it thought that I was using high-altitude props at low altitude and a max RPM warning when in sport mode. I backed off and the warning went away. Happened only once with the high RPM warning. I get the high altitude prop warning from time to time. I am thinking of swapping them out position wise to see if that cures it. Still all in all, I think they are worth the money. I modified my case to get them to fit. That took longer than removing the old props and installing the new props.

I completely agree you spend all this money an they send you shitty dangerous loose props. It's ridiculous. An talking to tech support is worthless as their props

I really want to pop on some CF props but with the errors mentioned above as well as the shudder on start up I don't think they are quite there yet.

I really want to pop on some CF props but with the errors mentioned above as well as the shudder on start up I don't think they are quite there yet.

The only error was that it reported a high RPM and that was not the entire time. I flew yesterday. No error. But it is what it is, so if I were you, I would not buy them. As for the shudder, it is probably do to the fact the blades have move into position. Again, a non-issue. These drones are expensive but this is not a flawless piece of machinery. Your computer crashes, your car squeaks and makes noises. I think sometimes after reading these threads people look for problems to to nit-pic about. Just my $.02 on the matter.

The only error was that it reported a high RPM and that was not the entire time. I flew yesterday. No error. But it is what it is, so if I were you, I would not buy them. As for the shudder, it is probably do to the fact the blades have move into position. Again, a non-issue. These drones are expensive but this is not a flawless piece of machinery. Your computer crashes, your car squeaks and makes noises. I think sometimes after reading these threads people look for problems to to nit-pic about. Just my $.02 on the matter.
Roger that DLT mine are in the post as we speak
TC

Here is a video I made this morning. The first startup is a cold start with me straightening the props, after that I shut down and restarted without straightening the props. You will have to click on the vimeo logo to go to full screen.

Wow, that shaking sure doesn't look like it would be any good for the I2 airframe! If you look at the video in slow motion it really looks like it is putting stresses on the airframe joints and tubes.

I very much doubt that the stresses are anything like those when flying big G manouvers or indeed those on the mavic airframe with its folding joints at start up.
The good news is that if it does fall apart you can pick all the pieces up 'cause it will still be on the ground.
But, of course if you are worried about it, just dont do it. Simple.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I very much doubt that the stresses are anything like those when flying big G manouvers or indeed those on the mavic airframe with its folding joints at start up.
The good news is that if it does fall apart you can pick all the pieces up 'cause it will still be on the ground.
But, of course if you are worried about it, just dont do it. Simple.

Exactly.

Another thought, you might find a firmware update soon to take account of folding props by a slower spin up. That would be a logical step.

I have to agree. I finally got my CF folding blades on and could not be happier. They are a bit quieter as well. A buddy was surprised at how quiet they were at hover. I did get a strange warning though. For some reason, it thought that I was using high-altitude props at low altitude and a max RPM warning when in sport mode. I backed off and the warning went away. Happened only once with the high RPM warning. I get the high altitude prop warning from time to time. I am thinking of swapping them out position wise to see if that cures it. Still all in all, I think they are worth the money. I modified my case to get them to fit. That took longer than removing the old props and installing the new props.
I got that message this week using the standard DJI updated props. So I don't think that the message is only due to the CF props. It happens with any prop.

Last edited:
If the I2 did not have the rubber pads on its feet you would probably not notice the vibrations. It would slide around like the I1 does.
I have a Matrice 600 Pro with its foldable props you get the same thing if you don't unfold them. I make it a practice to unfold them as part of the Pre-check. And not a bad idea with these so that you inspect the blades before each flight and it's not that difficult to open them up when you change the batteries between flights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide