Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

If You are having Image Transmission Signal Issues READ THIS!

Just got off the phone with DJI Support as we have been experience Image Transmission Signal issues since the last update with our Inspire 1 PRO. Since the most recent firmware upgrade we couldn't get any Image Transmission Signal at all! Very concerning.

The guy was extremely helpful and said they have been swamped with calls for two weeks after the first of the two most recent upgrades.

IF YOURE CONTROLLER WAS UPGRADED TO Firmware 1.6 BEFORE UPGRADING YOUR INSPIRE 1 TO "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.00" or the most recent "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30" THEN YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IMAGE TRANSMISSION ISSUES.

The FIX? Very simple... downgrade RC's to v1.5.8 by clicking holding the graduate hat in the top right of the DJI GO App for 5+ secs and letting go. Then downgrade the Inspire 1 Firmware to v.1.8.1.00.

After both RC's andInspire 1 have been downgraded you can now upgrade your Inspire 1 to the latest firmware "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30" followed by upgrading your RC's back to 1.6.

This should remedy any and all Image Transmission Signals. He advised that RND invested energy in solving this issued there should be no Image Transmission Issues after this fix.

Currently in the process, will report back if all works well. Fingers crossed

DOES NOT WORK.... did everything EXACTLY as described above and get a "Aircraft Disconnected", the remote will not link to the aircraft. Sending this thing back. Done messing with this.

DOES NOT WORK.... did everything EXACTLY as described above and get a "Aircraft Disconnected", the remote will not link to the aircraft. Sending this thing back. Done messing with this.

Have you tried linking the radio to the aircraft by using the linking tab in the RC menu then pressing and holding the linking button on the inspire?

Yep, i have a bad drone, even flew it in airplane mode and still had video issues, also flew with original cable from apple instead of small aftermarket, same result.
BLA.

Reactions: SanCap
Does this apply to "No Signal" issues?
Yes. I have found going even down to the P3 and P4 and the rest of the DJI products that use the GoApp that when there is a "No Transmission" issue it can be remedied by any means necessary of clearing the cache of the firmware. The method above does that but a lot of people when it was happening with the P4 and P3 were doing things like restoring from a blank slate from iTunes. I did a bunch of troubleshooting and research and found out that anyone that just cleared the main cache on the GoApp screen (not the one in the cam view) but the one outside of that. Basically the main menu of the go app and you hit the grad hat and clear the cache from that setting and then just reinstall all of your firmwares then everything will be fine.

It's strange that this hasn't been fixed as it would seem to me to be nothing more than a syntax mistake somewhere in the code that tricks the bird and the app into thinking they are using the wrong firmware or something like that but the moral of the story is clear the cache of firmware and then reinstall it correctly and you will have no issue. Any method that gets you there will work. I guarantee it.

Don't send it in though. They wanted me to send it in when I needed piece of plastic on one of my DJI birds. It was a snap on piece that is like .05 cents and it just had a chip and I asked them to send me a new one (literally couldn't be more than a nice for them to produce) and they wouldn't do it without me SENDING IT IN. Lol. Insanity.

Reactions: eldorado and Phatzo
Having similar problem but happening intermittently on my t600. Also the video keeps lagging. However, it stopped when I changed lenses from the standard DJI lens to an Olympus zoom.
Will definitely try this. Thanks

Incidentally could the editor make this thread a bit easier to find as it has taken me ages to search for it having found it a couple of days ago?

Having similar problem but happening intermittently on my t600. Also the video keeps lagging. However, it stopped when I changed lenses from the standard DJI lens to an Olympus zoom.
Will definitely try this. Thanks

Incidentally could the editor make this thread a bit easier to find as it has taken me ages to search for it having found it a couple of days ago?
I use google to search these forums, much more powerful.

Reactions: jlrsn
The firmware 1.8 is no longer on the DJI website does anyone have a copy they can email me?
Any help much appreciated

Just got off the phone with DJI Support as we have been experience Image Transmission Signal issues since the last update with our Inspire 1 PRO. Since the most recent firmware upgrade we couldn't get any Image Transmission Signal at all! Very concerning.

The guy was extremely helpful and said they have been swamped with calls for two weeks after the first of the two most recent upgrades.

IF YOURE CONTROLLER WAS UPGRADED TO Firmware 1.6 BEFORE UPGRADING YOUR INSPIRE 1 TO "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.00" or the most recent "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30" THEN YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IMAGE TRANSMISSION ISSUES.

The FIX? Very simple... downgrade RC's to v1.5.8 by clicking holding the graduate hat in the top right of the DJI GO App for 5+ secs and letting go. Then downgrade the Inspire 1 Firmware to v.1.8.1.00.

After both RC's andInspire 1 have been downgraded you can now upgrade your Inspire 1 to the latest firmware "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30" followed by upgrading your RC's back to 1.6.

This should remedy any and all Image Transmission Signals. He advised that RND invested energy in solving this issued there should be no Image Transmission Issues after this fix.

Currently in the process, will report back if all works well. Fingers crossed
This worked for me using the latest versions. I went from 10 back down to 9 and then back to 10 on the drone and just followed the instructions for doing the same to the controller, than loaded in the proper order.

Tried this today. Tried downgrading the firmware to the one mentioned here, I got a failed error on the text file. I even tried downgrading just one step. Same error..

Bird was fine until firmware update. Due to it being stored for a long while out of warranty. Pins all look very clean. Max 20 flights on it.

Any tips or tricks to this method?
I got the remote back to suggested firmware

Attachments

• IMG_3820.JPG
    IMG_3820.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
After looking at the update logs apparently on upgrade the typical 08 and 15 errors of no device found have shown their ugly heads..
I guess no real other option than sending it in
Up until this damned forced "firmware update" all was fine.

has anyone heard from "Sky High Guy" again as to whether or not this worked?

or "Sky Guy Van" rather...
Well as of now if you have the current firmware, new restrictions you can only downgrade 1 version. Mine wouldn't even downgrade 1 version. So off the phone with DJI, in my days and 16ish hours of trying every non destructive method I could read about. I already ran all tests and attempted fixes they would have tried.

So my bird case two remotes and camera are all packed up and going out tomorrow.

Think what burns me up the most. This was from A REQUIRED FIRMWARE UPDATE!!! it wasn't by choice!

20 flights MAX! And no image signal transmission !!!!

And due to storage (even when stored with a charge as reccomended!) 2 dead! Batteries!!

Yeah!! If I get a bill I'm going to be pretty livid!

Well as of now if you have the current firmware, new restrictions you can only downgrade 1 version. Mine wouldn't even downgrade 1 version. So off the phone with DJI, in my days and 16ish hours of trying every non destructive method I could read about. I already ran all tests and attempted fixes they would have tried.

So my bird case two remotes and camera are all packed up and going out tomorrow.

Think what burns me up the most. This was from A REQUIRED FIRMWARE UPDATE!!! it wasn't by choice!

20 flights MAX! And no image signal transmission !!!!

And due to storage (even when stored with a charge as reccomended!) 2 dead! Batteries!!

Yeah!! If I get a bill I'm going to be pretty livid!

please excuse my ignorance and do not feel offended as it is not my intention. but:
1. what required firmware are you ralking about? - i am still on1.4 flying happily ever after... just asking. - might be because i am in Hungary (Europe) - as far as i can tell there is no firm ware that you "have" to upgrade... but i am willing to learn.
2. battery storage should be at 50% and i a do not know if you ha e tryed to reset them (take cover off and pull the plug, wait for at least 30-60 sec and replug). solves the problem in most cases.
3. transmission problem from slave existed from the second the I1 left the factory and as far as i can tell DJI tried once or twice with an upgrade to solve the problem. i am guessing but due to the internal fluctuation of the part (different IC or IPROM for eg) up- and downgrades vary from bird to bird. i never went beyond 1.4 as it flyes good and did the las 50.000 something meters and i am not planning to change that.
4. i really hope for you and wish you a non payable (you do not have to pay) replacement or fix from DJI as this is their fault since the issue is there from the beggining on.
5. try to calm down (it is very frustrating, i know i also have problems from slave with video transmission) being angry will not help you. maybe only when talking to a rep in charge and not a brainless poor trainee on the phone who had a half day crashcourse on what a drone is if you got the wrong day calling them... lol.
5. wish you really all the luck and fair treatment you and we deserve as paying customers.

cheers
Martin

Reactions: Paul Jacques
IMG_3863.JPG 1. Here firmware is v01.10.01.40 (X3)
I'd say if it works stay where your at :) don't fix what isn't broken.
please excuse my ignorance and do not feel offended as it is not my intention. but:
1. what required firmware are you ralking about? - i am still on1.4 flying happily ever after... just asking. - might be because i am in Hungary (Europe) - as far as i can tell there is no firm ware that you "have" to upgrade... but i am willing to learn.
2. battery storage should be at 50% and i a do not know if you ha e tryed to reset them (take cover off and pull the plug, wait for at least 30-60 sec and replug). solves the problem in most cases.
3. transmission problem from slave existed from the second the I1 left the factory and as far as i can tell DJI tried once or twice with an upgrade to solve the problem. i am guessing but due to the internal fluctuation of the part (different IC or IPROM for eg) up- and downgrades vary from bird to bird. i never went beyond 1.4 as it flyes good and did the las 50.000 something meters and i am not planning to change that.
4. i really hope for you and wish you a non payable (you do not have to pay) replacement or fix from DJI as this is their fault since the issue is there from the beggining on.
5. try to calm down (it is very frustrating, i know i also have problems from slave with video transmission) being angry will not help you. maybe only when talking to a rep in charge and not a brainless poor trainee on the phone who had a half day crashcourse on what a drone is if you got the wrong day calling them... lol.
5. wish you really all the luck and fair treatment you and we deserve as paying customers.

cheers
Martin

Here I had to install the newer dji software iPad reset.
1. Here firmware is v01.10.01.40 (X3)
I'd say if it works stay where your at :) don't fix what isn't broken.

2. Even if a reset, I wouldn't be comfortable using them their bulging on the sides. Stored in case inside bedroom closet on inside walls of house.

3. Both remotes. There is no image transmission signal, from looking at firmware update logs says no device found lines 08 and 15. Equal to a Windows blue screen of death.

4. Yea me too. As was perfect from before the update and i let em know on the phone as well.

5. Calm but annoyed still. Batteries swelling after max of 20'uses and stored about Unknwn % but not dead not fully charged. Then poorly programmed firmware taking the video away. And tb48 batteries are not cheap lol

Oh yea here is the batteries. I made this just to show the bloated batteries. Such a kick to the gut.

Last edited:
we use our inspire 1 pro x5r for film and it is un usable due to 90% of both iPads being a black screen it has progressively gotten worse with every update. used to be a bit of lag and the odd green bar mainly on the camera RC now it is to the point where both RC's are flying blind ( minus my line of sight ) which makes it impossible to line up a shot or know what you shooting.
VERY FRUSTERATING! and DJI has been Zero help.

Reactions: eldorado

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08