Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

if you are too laisy to disassemble :) -mask it lol

Reaction score
Website
www.phat.hu
i thought i'd paint my first gen I1 in a happy matt black :)
i was to laisy to unmount the upper body and masked it which turned out to take double the time as if i unmounted it :) lol

i will try to post some pics here with tapatalk (if it lets me) as long as i can enjoy the happy black :)
i need to find (or if someone could give me a hint on how to fix the paint on the body)

until then i will do try to enjoy the nice "pro" black paint :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 113
looks good. One thing you can use in the future is plasti dip. I used it on my I1 and it came out badass! I did a carbon fiber theme. The best thing about the plasti dip is you can peel it off like a sticker if you are un happy with it or want to go a different color route.

Reactions: niki
looks good. One thing you can use in the future is plasti dip. I used it on my I1 and it came out badass! I did a carbon fiber theme. The best thing about the plasti dip is you can peel it off like a sticker if you are un happy with it or want to go a different color route.

while taking off the mask tape some of the paint also peeled off... :( that is why i said i will enjoy as long as i can lol.
i will buy new body parts and have them done in a paint shop :) does not cost so much.

do you have any pics and maybe a part number of the dip you used. another question is how fragile is the paint once applied?
i do carry it on my "phat pack" and the upper body part is the one snugged in and rubbing on nice soft samsonite material :D lol

i will have to get it done by a paintshop finishing it with a protecting matt coat i guess...

:)

Google "Plasti Dip"... you can find it almost anywhere in lots of cool colors. Its pretty durable as long as you apply it in thick coats. I would imagine if you properly disassemble your I1 and spray it with plasti-dip in multiple coats.... youll be just fine!

I deCided to do a variation and just removed the upper canopy and battery cover and prime and pAint flat black.
wanted a slightly different look that a full on black out....

Attachments

• 2016-03-22 12.25.27.jpg
    2016-03-22 12.25.27.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
did you plasti dip it ?
how did you mask out the button so nicely? - on the battery -
i wanted the nice happy matt black :) like the looks.

nice work though :)

Google "Plasti Dip"... you can find it almost anywhere in lots of cool colors. Its pretty durable as long as you apply it in thick coats. I would imagine if you properly disassemble your I1 and spray it with plasti-dip in multiple coats.... youll be just fine!

i did find a dealer here and ordered four cans of matt black a little liquifier and a protecting matt coat.

hope it will turnout well. planing to do 3 coats at least and then the protective coat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi