Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

if you are too laisy to disassemble :) -mask it lol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phatzo, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Phatzo

i thought i'd paint my first gen I1 in a happy matt black :)
    i was to laisy to unmount the upper body and masked it which turned out to take double the time as if i unmounted it :) lol

i will try to post some pics here with tapatalk (if it lets me) as long as i can enjoy the happy black :)
    i need to find (or if someone could give me a hint on how to fix the paint on the body)

until then i will do try to enjoy the nice "pro" black paint :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

niki and Raphael Dahan like this.
  2. BMW4life

looks good. One thing you can use in the future is plasti dip. I used it on my I1 and it came out badass! I did a carbon fiber theme. The best thing about the plasti dip is you can peel it off like a sticker if you are un happy with it or want to go a different color route.

niki likes this.
  3. Phatzo

while taking off the mask tape some of the paint also peeled off... :( that is why i said i will enjoy as long as i can lol.
    i will buy new body parts and have them done in a paint shop :) does not cost so much.

4. Phatzo

do you have any pics and maybe a part number of the dip you used. another question is how fragile is the paint once applied?
    i do carry it on my "phat pack" and the upper body part is the one snugged in and rubbing on nice soft samsonite material :D lol

i will have to get it done by a paintshop finishing it with a protecting matt coat i guess...

:)

5. Charles.mabry

Google "Plasti Dip"... you can find it almost anywhere in lots of cool colors. Its pretty durable as long as you apply it in thick coats. I would imagine if you properly disassemble your I1 and spray it with plasti-dip in multiple coats.... youll be just fine!

6. Seadragon59

I deCided to do a variation and just removed the upper canopy and battery cover and prime and pAint flat black.
    wanted a slightly different look that a full on black out....

Attached Files:

7. Phatzo

did you plasti dip it ?
    how did you mask out the button so nicely? - on the battery -
    i wanted the nice happy matt black :) like the looks.

nice work though :)

8. Phatzo

i did find a dealer here and ordered four cans of matt black a little liquifier and a protecting matt coat.

hope it will turnout well. planing to do 3 coats at least and then the protective coat.