Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I'm getting very frustrated and hope for some help.

Just a stab in the dark,but have you inspected the ribon cables for the gimble. .the aviator had made a post showing where they're located, but I did a search and couldn't find it..
also using magnification check the pins between the gimble and ac..
make sure they are straight and making good contact. .
anytime things start malfunctioning I believe it's a good idea to rule out the camera gimble connection and it's components to the aircraft first...

Reactions: Mike Walker
Hi all,

I'm up and flying again. Well, at least my eyes are up to the task, but my poor inspire isn't.

I'm having a really bad time with weak signal transmission issues. I send the drone up, it flies for a few minutes if lucky, and then starts telling me I have weak signal, or just tells me I have no signal. When I have a weak signal, the drone flies erratically. Whichever direction it's going (including up and down), it flies, and stops, and flies, and stops, and again and again and again etc. The video lags terribly, and won't take photos or allow me to change the camera settings.
Most times, it just tells me that I have no signal, and instead of waiting 10 seconds or so before returning home like it used to, now it shows no signal, and a second later, it automatically returns home.
On other threads, I've seen people mention checking the antenna wires, but have no idea what to look for, or how to check them.

Any constructive help would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated.

Have a great day everyone,

Bruce

I am having signal loss and not connected error messages all the time since last couple of updates, done all the usual stuff, reinstalled Android app, checked contacts, cleaned camera contacts, changed usb cables, turned on and off debugging, 250 flights since February mostly no problems. All started with these last couple of updates. ****,,

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey Mike. .
have you thought about reverting back to firmware 1.0.2.6 or whatever to see if the signal loss and connection loss goes away..
I don't know if it's worth risking or not..
I know it's not a popular opinion but I think the firmware and apps have gotten worse the last three updates and hopefully when I get my rc back from dji I'll be able to keep the firmware where it is..
although soon we will be forced to update because you'll need at least 1.3 to update through your rc in the future. ..
personally I think the constant release of new apps and firmware has made owning a i1 a constant struggle ..
keep in mind when I say this it's in response to my rc taking a crap on me when I just wanted to check out the go app..
there's a very small chance that the usb port just failed at the same time as I plugged in the go app..
cost me 3 weeks and 140 bucks because my rc was modded...Complete MALARKEY. ...

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks so much, it appears that the issue has been fixed. I'll know for sure once I fly some more than I jut did, but this last flight was fine, no problems other than an error popping up showing compass issues. I'll recalibrate next time before flying again.
I pushed and prodded on the 4 antenna wires, and that appears to have been the problem.

The only other surprise, is one of my 3 batteries is now showing a bad cell. It says to return to manufacturer. I'll speak to my supplier and see what he can do. (unless anyone knows of a way to "fix" that?)

Well its quite simple, if the connectors are arcing, there is a problem with those connections!
I would suggest that the arcing is causing malfunctions of the electronic control of the battery and possibly other electronic devices on the AC.
But it is up to you if you decide to ignore it or not..
You are, of course, correct. I wasn't saying it wasn't a problem, just that I don't think it's causing the signal loss issues. I'm going to clean them up and see if the arcing returns. If it does, I'll contact DJI and see what they recommend.

Just a stab in the dark,but have you inspected the ribon cables for the gimble. .the aviator had made a post showing where they're located, but I did a search and couldn't find it..
also using magnification check the pins between the gimble and ac..
make sure they are straight and making good contact. .
anytime things start malfunctioning I believe it's a good idea to rule out the camera gimble connection and it's components to the aircraft first...
Thanks turbodronepilot, I appreciate the input. Even though it appears okay now, I'll still check these suggestions out.

You might want to investigate the connectors like the aviator suggested. .
This could lead to a fire!!!

Hi All,

Thanks so much, it appears that the issue has been fixed. I'll know for sure once I fly some more than I jut did, but this last flight was fine, no problems other than an error popping up showing compass issues. I'll recalibrate next time before flying again.
I pushed and prodded on the 4 antenna wires, and that appears to have been the problem.

The only other surprise, is one of my 3 batteries is now showing a bad cell. It says to return to manufacturer. I'll speak to my supplier and see what he can do. (unless anyone knows of a way to "fix" that?)

Reactions: Eye in the sky
I just looked at the lost signal thread, and all the wires appear to be in properly.
One thing I noticed is that there appears to be a place for a screw that would connect the gimbal to the body. Not sure if there is one missing, or it's not meant to be there.Any ideas?

If there's one missing on yours, its missing on mine also..

Hey Mike. .
have you thought about reverting back to firmware 1.0.2.6 or whatever to see if the signal loss and connection loss goes away..
I don't know if it's worth risking or not..
I know it's not a popular opinion but I think the firmware and apps have gotten worse the last three updates and hopefully when I get my rc back from dji I'll be able to keep the firmware where it is..
although soon we will be forced to update because you'll need at least 1.3 to update through your rc in the future. ..
personally I think the constant release of new apps and firmware has made owning a i1 a constant struggle ..
keep in mind when I say this it's in response to my rc taking a crap on me when I just wanted to check out the go app..
there's a very small chance that the usb port just failed at the same time as I plugged in the go app..
cost me 3 weeks and 140 bucks because my rc was modded...Complete MALARKEY. ...

Hi turbo, I thought that once you had updated to 1.4.0.10, then you can only go back 1 update, and like you say soon we will only be able to update the RC through the latest app.
If it is possible I will definitely go back. I still have most if not all of the updates from day 1.
Agree, There's been problems with all of the last few updates, my Inspire flew at its best the first 4-5 months, or should I say,, I had more confident in it the first 4-5 month.
Talking about RC's, I had to send my first 1 back for replacement due to the usb connection going down on me.. maybe that's my problem,, this ones starting to crap on me now..

Hey mike...
I think you can go back to 1.0.2.6 if that's the right number. It's available on the dji website. .
if you have another rc you can try to connect it to eliminate the usb port ..
I feel the same way ..around three firmware updates ago I felt.my i1 flew better and had a lot of confidence in its abilities. ..
let us know what you figure out..
Happy flying ..
turbo. ..
Hi turbo, I thought that once you had updated to 1.4.0.10, then you can only go back 1 update, and like you say soon we will only be able to update the RC through the latest app.
If it is possible I will definitely go back. I still have most if not all of the updates from day 1.
Agree, There's been problems with all of the last few updates, my Inspire flew at its best the first 4-5 months, or should I say,, I had more confident in it the first 4-5 month.
Talking about RC's, I had to send my first 1 back for replacement due to the usb connection going down on me.. maybe that's my problem,, this ones starting to crap on me now..

Reactions: Mike Walker
What about trying to swap my master and slave controllers? Any idea if that would work, or if the problem is in the craft, not the controller and it's a waste of time?

If I should try it, how do I go about doing that?
that would be the very first thing i would try, it will help narrow down if its just the one controller having the issue or possibly the bird itself or other problems. Any other sudden changes like the problem appearing immediately after updating firmware to version x when it never happened before the update might also be a clue as to the cause.

I had exactly the same problems the threadstarter is describing.. I tried everything including changing master controller with no sucess.

I ended up sending everything back to the dealer.
They confirmed the fault and sendt me a new bird.

Hey mike...
I think you can go back to 1.0.2.6 if that's the right number. It's available on the dji website. .
I feel the same way ..around three firmware updates ago I felt.my i1 flew better and had a lot of confidence in its abilities. ..
Happy flying ..
turbo. ..

Hi Turbo,
Thanks for that, I'll give the 2nd RC a go first to eliminate the usb port.
Cheers.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey mike...
Happy flying ..
turbo. ..

Hi Turbo and Guys.

Just an update to signal loss issue.

Yesterday I cleaned the camera/gimbal connections with a pencil rubber (eraser), enabled then disabled then enabled debugging,
flown 4 batteries today and not any "signal loss" error message or breakup in downlink. Tested range out to 700m.

Cheers Guys
Happy flyer again.

Hi Turbo and Guys.

Just an update to signal loss issue.

Yesterday I cleaned the camera/gimbal connections with a pencil rubber (eraser), enabled then disabled then enabled debugging,
flown 4 batteries today and not any "signal loss" error message or breakup in downlink. Tested range out to 700m.

Cheers Guys
Happy flyer again.
That's great!!
Thanks for posting the remedy! !
what was the difference between now and Tuesday? ?
Didn't you say you cleaned the connections on Tuesday? ?
Regardless glad you got it sorted...
That's another camera gimble connection issue for the books..
happy flying! !!
Turbo. ..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207