Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I'm new to the Inspire and need guidance.

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the forum.
To answer your question.....
Yes....and....no. :p
I'll explain.....Yes, it is possible to learn on the Inspire (it has a simulator on the iOS version of the app!as well) but would you really WANT to learn on an aircraft costing a few thousand dollars that doesn't take crashes too well?
If it were I and I had never flown anything R/C before, I would be tempted to buy a 'crash' quad first for around $30 or so. That way you can get a feel for controlling something remotely, get to understand orientation issues and just generally become comfortable with flying something disconnected from you.
If you do smash it into a wall - its $30 not $3,000 !
Hi guys. Brand new to the site and I've looked over so much helpful info. Here's my situation, I'm a licensed fixed wing commercial pilot who is patiently waiting for a response from the Feds on my 333. I have a P3 pro arriving tomorrow but am really second guessing myself on if I should return it and get an Inspire. I've never flown before and am looking at getting into photo and video stuff commercially once I'm legal. Any members here ordered the Inspire and glad you did instead of the P3 pro? Is Inspire a machine even a newbie like myself can learn to master with some practice? Thanks!
I have an Inspire 1 and two PH3s. My Inspire 1 is becoming a closet queen as I seem to only take it out because I feel guilty for not flying it. But with the new up dates the PH3 can do almost everything the Inspire can do but is less than 1/2 the weight and so much easier to transport and get set up in a lot less time to fly. Now if you are going to do professional shoots all the time and you do not have to lug things it any distances and you have a good surface to take off from than the Inspire 1 has the advantage.

I have an Inspire 1 and two PH3s. My Inspire 1 is becoming a closet queen as I seem to only take it out because I feel guilty for not flying it. But with the new up dates the PH3 can do almost everything the Inspire can do but is less than 1/2 the weight and so much easier to transport and get set up in a lot less time to fly. Now if you are going to do professional shoots all the time and you do not have to lug things it any distances and you have a good surface to take off from than the Inspire 1 has the advantage.
I take it you've never hauled a non folding octo anywhere ;)

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44