Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

I'm out!

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Anthony Nalli, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Anthony Nalli

It seems that DJI has expected a great deal of faith and patience from us, their customers. For me, this iOS-thing was 1000th in the death by as many cuts. My Inspire has gone back. When I see that they've gotten their act together, I just might buy back in. Until then, I'll be flying my P2V+!

2. Jacob Scordilis

I'm so very nearly with you... It hurts to do but makes sense!

3. Anthony Nalli

I figured my refund including all the accessories I ordered and taxes would put just over $6000 (Canadian) back in my pocket. I really WANTED to love the Inspire. Even then, that would barely justify the expense, but it would do. They really botched this brutally in eyes. Over-promising, under-delivering, keeping me waiting, not responding to me in a timely fashion, then grounding it, and messing up support for the Apple devices.

No, they don't deserve my SIX LARGE!

4. fizzviic

Sorry to see you go. It will take many of us to bring this new product up to speed. Hope you will stay on the forum and when you feel more comfortable (or not) some time in the future, you might want to jump back in. Best to you Anthony.

lrwskyfilms and DjiQuadzilla like this.
  5. DjiQuadzilla

Great things come to those who wait :) hope all works out for you. I love my Inspire <3

Funnone likes this.
  6. iswimmer

The secret to happiness is realistic expectations....

DjiQuadzilla likes this.
  7. Anthony Nalli

DISCOUNTS should come to those FORCED to wait. That's just good business. Better business is to deliver on your promises in the first place.

DjiQuadzilla likes this.
  8. DjiQuadzilla

I agree but NO new products come off without a hitch .... Everyone here is just seeing the negative... Look at any and I mean any electronics ie: ps4 or Xbox one.... Nothing is PERFECT in the beginning

lrwskyfilms and diverreb like this.
  9. Anthony Nalli

Very, very true. My expectations were set by DJI and were modeled after my very positive experience with my P2V+.

DjiQuadzilla likes this.
  10. DjiQuadzilla

But they had th P2 an p1 to model this after and the Inspire is new waters ...

11. Anthony Nalli

If my Xbox fails it won't fall from the sky causing severe damage to itself and possible injury. I'm a pilot and am starting to understand the FAA's reluctance to embrace drones. They tend to be concerned with apparent quality control shortcomings and other snafus like those DJI has exhibited. My confidence has been lessened as has my risk tolerance.

12. Anthony Nalli

Exactly why my gut told me to stay away in the first place. Now my gut is telling me "I told you so."

DjiQuadzilla likes this.
  13. Heller792

No product should be released the way the inspire has, all blame comes to dji no matter what expectation are, if it has problems then it wasn't beta tested enough

DjiQuadzilla likes this.
  14. DjiQuadzilla

Can you show me directly what SNAFUS they have exhibited? Or is it just the few issues that have popped up one here or YouTube? Or the apple app because they want to get it right? Because my Father is also a pilot "Commercial" and he says he's suprised a lot more planes don't fall out the sky then they do! And that's because of faulty equipment. So if the FAA can't manage that good luck with small electronics.

15. DjiQuadzilla

I can agree with that!

16. DjiQuadzilla

Yes I was a little nervous too but the P2 is awesome and I have faith they will get it right here too ..

17. Anthony Nalli

Hmm, which ridiculous comment to respond to first? Maybe I'll just bite my lip.

18. Anthony Nalli

+1

19. DjiQuadzilla

Ridiculous? I don't think so.

20. Anthony Nalli

And when they for the Inspire, I'll be back too. Unless DJI's blowing it allows GoPro to take over (which is my bet).