Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I'm out!

"Planes falling from the sky" said to be uttered from a commercial pilot? Lip... bitten.
Lol Amen but we could definitely go there especially with all the ones who also drink and fly I can go on for days with this one 38 years flying he trumps all and has seen all so you have no need to enter this battle ;) oh yeah an 15 years USAF

And to those enthusiastically keeping the faith, Quadzilla among them, good for you. I know how cool having an Inspire is and understand your wanting to feel your investment was a good one. I simply can't reward any company with a purchase of $6000 (all in, lots of accessories) for a release like this. If they got a flood of returns you could bet that pain would be a big lesson to them. Statements giving them pass after pass just reaffirms to them that they have their clients by the balls. Without us there IS no DJI.

Ipad mini still working no more online for it tho. I1 has superior handling than my phantom vision. Ive flown mines several times now, superb. Updates made this possible albeit. Pilots negligence would be your only downfall as of now.

I've been having a blast flying mine. I got some great video of Monster Truck Jam in San Diego yesterday. Looking forward to flying more today.

1PF3CSH.png

Well this thread is a total circle jerk. I'm sorry your unhappy with how DJI has handled the Inspire launch. I totally get how you feel. I'm willing to ride it out and help resolve any issues. I'm sure this will be an awesome craft everyone can get behind. Just give it a few months.
AMEN I agree

Reactions: diverreb
No product should be released the way the inspire has, all blame comes to dji no matter what expectation are, if it has problems then it wasn't beta tested enough

This was the race to releas product before it leaks out to much ,or a competitor is faster than you.
Look walkera released,or presented a similar craft few days after inspire 1 (nobody knows who stoled the idea from whom), buy to be first on the market it has big positive impact on the company. You can see this type of race between camera manufactures ,electronic companies or in car industry .

Last edited:
I'm in Canada as well and been grounded mostly because of the cold weather. In the few minutes of flight I got to experience with my Inspire, I've had:
- the yaw drift;
- the gimbal that slowly tilts until it locks up;
- the countless bugs in the Android app;
Add to that:
- the shipping delays;
- the grounding because of the pending firmware update and prop locks;
- the decreased performance of RTH (if I understand the latest update correctly).

No one here can say that this is an acceptable bar for releasing a $3K product. I'm in it for the long run cause this is an amazing piece of technology, the ultimate toy for me, and I know I'll be able to create some amazing videos with it. But believe me when I tell you, DJI won't be able to continue to release unfinished products like this for long. This is a relatively new market, they're ahead of most in the consumer segment, but once others like GoPro, 3DR come out with compelling products, they won't survive releasing products that have design and implementation flaws, and that have had half of the QA time they should have had. GoPro understands well the value of a brand and a reputation. I hope DJI gets it soon as well. As it is the case in every tech market, culling will happen at some point; the top players will stay alive, the others will disappear as quickly as they came.
For now, my growing fear is that instead of having dished out a lot money for the most advanced, most exceptional prosumer drone out there, that I've instead poured my money into a forgettable product that everyone will quickly dismiss once the next round of products from both DJI and its competitors come out.
The bottom line is, anyone who says these are expected growing pains for a tech product, doesn't know much about how to be successful in the high tech/consumer electronics markets.

Last edited:
Bird in the hand. Just because GoPro makes a great camera doesn't mean they can make a great Quad. And we have no idea when and what they are going to release. From my perspective DJI has been extremely responsive and quick to issue fixes on the few issues that have come up.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
The bottom line is, anyone who says these are expected growing pains for a tech product, doesn't know much about how to be successful in the high tech/consumer electronics markets.

Well said.

Last edited:
So then once the iOS app is back up and the issues are addressed like they were with the Phantom one and two this is what these actions will be considered and some of the sites I've been on it wouldn't surprise me if it was the competitors including go pro....not that companies would do things like that ;) what we need is a section of the forum or complaints and issues that way all the other sections are tarnished by the bad things....
Troll
For a Wikipedia essay on the topic, see meta:What is a troll?
"Trolling" redirects here. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topicmessages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]

From my perspective DJI has been extremely responsive and quick to issue fixes on the few issues that have come up.

I've online chatted with them and didn't get their email response "in an hour"... or ever. Three times. Yeah, responsive. And they shouldn't get points for solving problems within days that should never have so seriously existed in the first place. Grounding a brand new, supposedly flagship product?!?!?! SHOULD be a death blow!

The only thing inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic is your cut and pasting the definition of Troll in what appears to be a judgmental insult of a forum contributor sharing their actual experience with those who have made the same financial investment and may be experiencing the same problems. If my attempts to provide a point of view to existing customers or more hopefully future customers which quite responsibly calls caveat emptor is unwelcome, then I guess I'm unwelcome.

Or maybe it's the pot calling the kettle...

Troll
For a Wikipedia essay on the topic, see meta:What is a troll?
"Trolling" redirects here. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topicmessages...

Well with you being a freelance writer and so on "close call" you out of anybody should know that products have issues and in addition to that you may been hired for all we know to tarnish the brand.... As for copy and paste that's because I didn't want take the time to type all of that and since you took it directed straightly at you I would say you have a low self-esteem why don't you go fly your little Cessna . Now that last sentence could be considered trolling ;) have a great day :)

Well with you being a freelance writer and so on "close call" you out of anybody should know that products have issues and in addition to that you may been hired for all we know to tarnish the brand.... As for copy and paste that's because I didn't want take the time to type all of that and since you took it directed straightly at you I would say you have a low self-esteem why don't you go fly your little Cessna . Now that last sentence could be considered trolling ;)

I haven't written in 5 years and now produce television. In fact, we will be featuring drones in a positive light on our show and that will include the Inspire. My comments are strictly that of a consumer of a premium product who expected more from the company taking my money. That's well within my rights as a customer. And DJI should know what every good company does... a happy customer will tell a friend, an unhappy customer will tell 10 friends!

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
I completely get the frustration that everyone has had with the inspire as I've had a lot of problems myself. I'm just as frustrated because I ordered from a dealer in Texas who seemingly doesn't have a ton of information on this stuff despite being one of DJI's biggest dealers (from what DJI told me). I've relied solely on the forums and DJI phone support to get any information.

That being said when it comes to pre-ordering and tech companies isn't this kind of normal? When the Retina MacBook Pros launched they had defective yellow screens where you had to replace the entire computer. Most every major game launch this year (Destiny, Assassin's Creed, Master Chief Collection) were plagued with bugs from half finished products that were fixed via updates. I bought the pebble watch when it first came out and had a ton of issues that were solved in firmware updates. We don't live in a world where everything works when it first launches, regardless of the price of the product. The best QA check in the world isn't going to simulate a wide scale launch.

From what I understand from talking with DJI the prop lock thing was because one drone lost its propeller. After the first IMU bug they said it was a bug and were working to fix it which they did within days. In terms of drone failure due to IMU or prop lock there have been 4 that I've heard of so far? Even if we were generous and said there were 10 issues that would be 10 out of 10,000 which means these have effected 0.001 of people. The rumor with the iOS app is that a post on this forum bringing to light that DJI was going around Apple's policies was the reason it was pulled suddenly.

I understand we're dealing with an expensive platform. I've spent around 4 hours (90% of that on hold) on the phone with DJI. Their 24/7 chat for the inspire is a complete joke where the people don't understand you, give you information you said you read and close the chat before you're done being helped. I'm not saying that they're handling things amazingly but I do think that they are handling things as best they can and are currently at their maximum capacity.

I haven't written in 5 years and now produce television. In fact, we will be featuring drones in a positive light on our show and that will include the Inspire. My comments are strictly that of a consumer of a premium product who expected more from the company taking my money. That's well within my rights as a customer. And DJI should know what every good company does... a happy customer will tell a friend, an unhappy customer will tell 10 friends!
And I get that completely but if we all look around there is a lot of the negative input even when good things are posted. Not trying to upset you at all just stating that we should have some faith because we all know the obvious if we continue to tarnish the brand how are we going to get any parts from a company that's not there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lifeisart