Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Image transmission problems

Reaction score
Since upgrading to the latest firmware I have had nothing but problems with image transmission dropping out intermittently. It happens at any distance between 5 m to 500 m. I am using the latest version of the DJI Go app on my iPhone and my iPad and the problem is exactly the same on either. Is anyone else experiencing something similar? This nearly ruined a shoot for me today and I have another one on Sunday. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: B.Buxton and SanCap
I was have having an issue recently with video cutting in and out like crazy and it was fixed by changing the transmission channel to custom and selecting a channel manually. When it was on auto mode it was horrible.

Maybe this won't fix it, but if you do happen to have it set to auto, it's worth a shot.

Reactions: B.Buxton
I did try to switch it to custom but the option is greyed out. Am I missing something? I guess I should mention that I have the X5R camera attached to the inspire

The only time I see custom greyed out is on the Go App running on the slave controller. I think only the master can change the setting there. If you are using the master, your RC firmware is updated to the latest right?

What about re-installing the Go app? Just trying to think of quick things to try to rule out some small little bug somewhere...

Since upgrading to the latest firmware I have had nothing but problems with image transmission dropping out intermittently. It happens at any distance between 5 m to 500 m. I am using the latest version of the DJI Go app on my iPhone and my iPad and the problem is exactly the same on either. Is anyone else experiencing something similar? This nearly ruined a shoot for me today and I have another one on Sunday. Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem and went back to FW 1.8.1, problem went away.

Downgrade to 1.8.01.40 (Inspire 1 RAW firmware) seems to have solved the problem (so far). One test flight to 500 metres produced no dropouts at any distance.

Reactions: SanCap
Downgrade to 1.8.01.40 (Inspire 1 RAW firmware) seems to have solved the problem (so far). One test flight to 500 metres produced no dropouts at any distance.

I have had 4 flights since I downgraded and have not seen any transmission errors. It is embarrassing when you have a client looking at the screen and the image is coming in and out!

Also try going somewhere out of range of WiFi signal in the middle of nowhere.

At the risk of sounding obvious, the video signal is transmitted at WiFi frequencies, so WiFi can, and does, interfere with video transmission.

If it still happens, then you know it's not an interference problem.

I'm having exactly the same issue, glad to hear that I'm not the only one, Custom frequency grey too can't change it!

I'm on 1.8 from November 2015 and not the latest app but one back and I'm getting all kinds of red lines on the edges of buildings on screen in video or stills but the actual stored data doesn't have them. What's the issue causing this?

So thats a feature called peaking. It's to help you know what'sin focus. It's a regular feature on most video cameras. Hope that helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669