Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Importance of a towel - Even if you aren't a HG2G fan.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Frank508, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Frank508

I've been looking for an explanation of exactly what roles the various electronic components play in our Inspires, and I ran across this safety tip after a crash. (It is #9, but the whole page is pretty good.)

"The first thing to do is throw a towel over your copters propellers (Propellers may start spinning unexpectedly)."

Seems like a good idea. This is the page:

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/introduction/safety-multicopter/

HG2G is a reference to Douglas Adams series of satirical novels from the 80's "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy"

2. Scotflieger

I think the main point to make is that author is talking about custom built copters with wires for connecting to batteries and other things. The Inspire 1 is different beast with easy access (unless inverted) to the battery power switch clear on the blades.

A fire blanket in case the Lipos are damaged is probably a better idea.

3. Frank508

I'm imagining a situation where after a crash there might still be a call for power, but a fractured wire so the motors aren't turning, you pick up the broken chassis and a connection is made, and bam, your holding a hand full of spinning broken props. (Not for long though I bet.) But 1st step is definitely disconnect the battery.