Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Important Article Pilots

The FAA sees BIG money here.... MILLIONS! Get a drone, pay me $150 plus!

'The new drone rules set to go into effect Monday — known as Part 107 for the section of the federal aviation regulations — are expected to be a boon to commercial operators, lifting many current expensive and time-consuming requirements, including the need to have a manned aircraft pilot’s license and to stay more than 500 feet from people, cars and structures.

500ft WTH? I knew I'd better keep that 300mm lens, now just rig that bad boy up to the inspire and I'll be good to go! :D

Last edited:
The FAA sees BIG money here.... MILLIONS! Get a drone, pay me $150 plus!

'The new drone rules set to go into effect Monday — known as Part 107 for the section of the federal aviation regulations — are expected to be a boon to commercial operators, lifting many current expensive and time-consuming requirements, including the need to have a manned aircraft pilot’s license and to stay more than 500 feet from people, cars and structures.

500ft WTH? I knew I'd better keep that 300mm lens, now just rig that bad boy up to the inspire and I'll be good to go! :D

The FAA doesn't charge the $150 for the test. Those are third party testing centers that charge that money.

Looks like I'm gone need to learn how to operate a Hot Air Balloon.
Jack of all Trades, I've become:cool:
1k fines, demotion to a Hot Air Balloon forum.
It's basically over for a Freestyle Uav Hobbyist. Back to the quarantine AMA parks.:mad:
DJI sold us out to the Faa:p

The $150 is for the Aeronautical test at a local testing faculty. Some prep courses are $99-$150 via third party companies. The 500 ft rule does not apply. Its 400 ft altitude, and you have a 400 ft radius of a structure or building and 400 ft from the upper most level of that building.....as long as you are in G airspace, or have a COA for B,C,D, or E airspace. Also, you can use FPV, as long as you have a VO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin