Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Impossible to fit propellers

Update, although a disappointing one... First thing: the props are definitely the wrong type (all of them) and this is not related to the locked/unlocked mount position. Second point: I have to send the props back to Dji in the Netherlands but had to insist in order to finally obtain a serial to plan the UPS pickup that can now only take place on Monday. Last info, after inquiring again, the best they seem to suggest - and cannot promise - is an 8-10 days lead time, shipping excluded to send back new props once they get the wrong ones.

Not very pro... Fun comparison: I had a small shoulder strap issue with a 100$ ThinkTank photo bag. After a single explanation email I got confirmation within 2 hours that a replacement part would be sent out, no questions asked...

I did not unfortunately. Ordering through a local retailer had several advantages mainly in regards to delivery and timing but this is now all useless... Let's see how it goes...

... and the local retailer has no more I2 stock?

If the retailer has stock then I'd be inclined to just return the entire I2 as 'faulty' and make it his problem...

When I checked with them it was not so obvious if I could get the I2 replaced and if they had stock. If I could not proceed to a direct exchange I was scared that I would end up waiting again another month for a new one... But it could have indeed been smarter to insist and at least try this way :-S

Update, although a disappointing one... First thing: the props are definitely the wrong type (all of them) and this is not related to the locked/unlocked mount position. Second point: I have to send the props back to Dji in the Netherlands but had to insist in order to finally obtain a serial to plan the UPS pickup that can now only take place on Monday. Last info, after inquiring again, the best they seem to suggest - and cannot promise - is an 8-10 days lead time, shipping excluded to send back new props once they get the wrong ones.

Not very pro... Fun comparison: I had a small shoulder strap issue with a 100$ ThinkTank photo bag. After a single explanation email I got confirmation within 2 hours that a replacement part would be sent out, no questions asked...
Yeah, DJI have absolutely no comprehension of what pro service is. Until they do, they can't really enter the professional arena.
Professionals demand a much higher level of support and back up than consumer/domestic product users and companies like Sony have completely different areas and contacts dedicated for pro support over their consumer offerings.
DJI have light years to go before they reach this sort of understanding.

Yeah, DJI have absolutely no comprehension of what pro service is. Until they do, they can't really enter the professional arena.
Professionals demand a much higher level of support and back up than consumer/domestic product users and companies like Sony have completely different areas and contacts dedicated for pro support over their consumer offerings.
DJI have light years to go before they reach this sort of understanding.

I'm sorry you feel that way.. If this was purchased directly from DJI props would already be on there way..

We are already in the professional arena so I really don't understand that comment. Yes we do need to work on support a little better but please show me another product that can do what the i2 can do!?

If the OP can provide a case number I can see what I can do. But since I'm US based I have very little power in the EU. All I can say is that I can try!

Just to make it clear, I am convinced the inspire 2 is a unique tool and the Dji staff have mostly been responding quickly and clearly by chat and mail. My only concern is that this product being a tool rather than a toy, the propeller mixup is very inconvenient and more than just annoying. I would therefore have expected a much more proactive response, especially having in mind the low cost of the replacement parts and the absolute impossibility to fly without them. My case is n°399099 but was apparently closed when I was provided the UPS serial. Thanks anyway!

I'm sorry you feel that way.. If this was purchased directly from DJI props would already be on there way..

We are already in the professional arena so I really don't understand that comment. Yes we do need to work on support a little better but please show me another product that can do what the i2 can do!?

If the OP can provide a case number I can see what I can do. But since I'm US based I have very little power in the EU. All I can say is that I can try!
Ken - I'm not particularly arguing that DJI are trying to produce professional equipment (although their cameras are a long way from Arri's or Sony's.... they just seem to throw horsepower at a camera and think that makes a great camera. It doesn't) however, if they want to play in the big boys playground then they need to have a dedicated professionals support area/company that will back up their products to the level that professionals need and demand.
They have innovative products but it needs to be backed up by equally impressive 'pro' support.

Ken - I'm not particularly arguing that DJI are trying to produce professional equipment (although their cameras are a long way from Arri's or Sony's.... they just seem to throw horsepower at a camera and think that makes a great camera. It doesn't) however, if they want to play in the big boys playground then they need to have a dedicated professionals support area/company that will back up their products to the level that professionals need and demand.
They have innovative products but it needs to be backed up by equally impressive 'pro' support.

agreed but please give credit where credit is due.. DJI has made impressive progress in the support areas. While still not perfect much better than a year or two ago..

Plus last time I checked SONY or any other camera manufacturer does not make things that fly. That's what really makes things much harder.

Do DJI have a quality department? If they have they need to sort out the entire process from design to customer satisfaction.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

My inspire 2 will be here Monday. I'm new to DJI copters but definitely not new to multis.
Will be an interesting go, but I do see a professional product in the I2. I hope it comes with the right props of course, but it is a very new product. This is the time where the kinks get identified and corrected.
Cheers

My inspire 2 will be here Monday. I'm new to DJI copters but definitely not new to multis.
Will be an interesting go, but I do see a professional product in the I2. I hope it comes with the right props of course, but it is a very new product. This is the time where the kinks get identified and corrected.
Cheers
For what it's worth I just got my i2 and all the props were correct. Got mine from Florida drone supply.

Guys, take a closer look at the props in the first post and compare to your own, they are simply the wrong props.

Note that the mounting hole in the middle has a gap around it which is not present on the correct props, this means the hole is the wrong size...

It isn't the position of the locking mechanism...
Accepted, thanks for the closer look....BUUUUTTTT....the locking mechanism is still out of position.

Hi Pilots!

I have already seen a few threads on here about rattling propellers but not much on the issue or propellers that will not fit at all. Disappointing surprise today indeed as none of my propellers will fit my inspire 2 and simply appear to be from a wrong batch. As shown in the picture of my set below, there is simply no way for the propellers to fit. This is by a huge margin so these are not tolerance issues. I have contacted support and obtained a ticket n° (399099 if anybody from Dji reads this) and will update the thread if I get any news.

View attachment 11721
Those props would definitely fit my v2.0 Inspire. Your prop mounts definitely look different from mine.

D

So... After many emails and requests to speed things up, I finally received the props yesterday evening! 3 weeks between contact and solution. I am happy that this is solved but given how obvious this problem was, it should and could have been dealt with in half the time.

Another point regarding DJI service/support: I ordered high altitude props, 2 batteries and the GPS module on December 30 and had to insist to get the order split. Got the batteries a few days ago and the props were sent out too. Long story short, if you ask DJI will split the order which was essential for me as the GPS item still seems to be far from available!

Looking forward to share some images with you soon and now have to figure out if there is any way to sync the inspire 2 with studio strobes for stills :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret