Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iMU Fails to Calibrate

Reaction score
Inspire 1 fails to calibrate now and tail-light give solid red code for - critical error. Running IMU Calibration fails at 3%, 10%, and on occasion 30%, never completes. The error given it has moved but it is on a flat surface with any interferences minimized as I have read in other forums. I've done typical troubleshooting techniques like reboots, fresh installs, firmware upgrades, swapped out RCs and iPads. I have a support ticket in with DJI but I am "in the field" for a limited time so need to resolve ASAP. Any helpful advice is appreciated.

If you can't calibrate the IMU I would knock your take on the head and go home. Above all don't attempt to try - the critical error should prevent that.
Thanks. DJI chat was a long process and unfruitful. Unfortunately, they are suggesting its a hardware failure ... ugh. Seems things can go wrong even when you treat the Inspire gently. If anyone has any other suggestions on what to try I appreciate it. I only < a two week window to capture further content.

One last thing you can try is ........ Make sure your props are off.
Calibrate the compass first (if it will let you).
After you get a good compass calibration, power down the Inspire and leave it to cool down completely (an hour or more) preferably somewhere cool.
Then place the Inspire on a flat level surface, and IMMEDIATELY as soon as you turn the Inspire on, go straight into IMU calibration screen and then run then calibration whilst the aircraft/flight controller is cold.
You will have to wait until the lady says "Welcome to your aircraft" etc but as soon as she's done calibrate.
Do not disturb the aircraft AT ALL. Not even vibrations on the floor, kids running around etc....allow it to be perfectly still while it calibrates.
If the above fails then I am afraid you will have to send it in.

Good luck.

Hi, i know this is an old thread but I'm having exactly the same issue, I'm on vacations and since I'm in Europe I thought it'd be a good idea to calibrate IMU, and pretty much that did it, all I get is IMU error, and won't go beyond 17% calibration, have tried everything mentioned above, so I just wanted to know if a solution was found?

Hi, i know this is an old thread but I'm having exactly the same issue, I'm on vacations and since I'm in Europe I thought it'd be a good idea to calibrate IMU, and pretty much that did it, all I get is IMU error, and won't go beyond 17% calibration, have tried everything mentioned above, so I just wanted to know if a solution was found?
If your IMU is repeatedly not calibrating you either do actually have a faulty FC (the IMU is integral) or a damaged cooling fan (one or more fins) on the Lightbridge unit. This causes an imbalance in the fan and thus vibrations that are transmitted to the IMU which then refuses to calibrate.
Have you had a crash/hard landing since this has started to happen?

If your IMU is repeatedly not calibrating you either do actually have a faulty FC (the IMU is integral) or a damaged cooling fan (one or more fins) on the Lightbridge unit. This causes an imbalance in the fan and thus vibrations that are transmitted to the IMU which then refuses to calibrate.
Have you had a crash/hard landing since this has started to happen?[/QUOTE

Thnx for your reply, had a look at the fan and everything looks good, I'm afraid I'll have to send it back, I'll post the results.

Resolved?

I'm now with this problem...every time in 95%. The cooler fan is damaged. Can be it "the maker" of IMU error in calibrating?

What can I do ?

9811369331321569fdc6f75fae3f1f73.jpg

Enviado de meu SHIELD Tablet K1 usando Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips