Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

In Search Of Carbon Fiber Arm End Piece Only

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to see if anyone has this part available. I'm looking for just the end piece of the carbon fiber arm. I have attached a picture with the part in question circled.

Does anyone know what the part number would be for that part?

Thank You!original_site_use_-_copy.jpg

Hello,

I'm looking to see if anyone has this part available. I'm looking for just the end piece of the carbon fiber arm. I have attached a picture with the part in question circled.

Does anyone know what the part number would be for that part?

Thank You!View attachment 5965
It may be available from other sources but I do not find it in our directory of parts.
And how much is the complete arm?
let me check for you

Ok, that's a bit more then what I was hoping for I'll keep an eye out for someone who may have just the shorter arm piece that I need.

Thank you!
I am not sure what you have done to your arm mount but although the entire assembly is a little pricey it maybe the route of least aggrevation.
To replace the piece you are talking about, you will have to break the bonding on the existing part without compromising the integrity of the CF arm itself.
You will then have to mount the new piece at exactly the right angle for it to operate correctly when the landing gear is actuated.
Depends if you want a bit of pain in the wallet or a PITA. :p

Ha. I'm very good when it comes to repairing things like this. I us e to build my own RC Heli's and Aircraft before I bought my first DJI product.

If i can can just the short arm with the piece already attached I'd prefer that over the whole arm / leg structure. So if someone has just the arm in the picture I posted that would be great, only a few screws to undo to remove it.

40000_4615.jpg

Jason try bub51 he has the arm and strut that you need he has a picture of all the parts in classified (inspire 1 parts) that was posted on Friday I think of last week

The end you need is glued on but there is a glue remover that will loosen it up and check for a used camera then you can hook it up to the gimbal that you have. I am sure there are a bunch of good cameras with broken gimbals. So if you can get a arm that just the carbon fiber was broke and the plastic peice is still good were it hooks up to the gear inside the craft. Maybe someone with a 3 d printer can make it

The end you need is glued on but there is a glue remover that will loosen it up and check for a used camera then you can hook it up to the gimbal that you have. I am sure there are a bunch of good cameras with broken gimbals. So if you can get a arm that just the carbon fiber was broke and the plastic peice is still good were it hooks up to the gear inside the craft. Maybe someone with a 3 d printer can make it
Kinda my intention with the Inspire I have one the way. I work for one ,if not the worlds largest 3D printing manufacturer, so those pieces don't look all that hard to come up with. If someone had an extra, I'd sure give it a shot. I would hate to disassemble mine to get that, but won't know quite yet, until I see what I have.

Last edited:
Kinda my intention with the Inspire I have one the way. I work for one if not the worlds largest 3D printing manufacturer, so those pieces don't look all that hard to come up with. If someone had an extra, I'd sure give it a shot. I would hate to disassemble mine to get that, but won't know quite yet, until I see what I have.
I'm really surprised nobody has replicated this piece yet, but guess removing the broken one that's bonded to the carbon fiber tube would be the challenge. Would be nice if you designed one to slip over the existing broken end piece, so it wouldn't have to be removed at all and used a longer bolt, or something like that . . . I have a broken one you could have as a template, if you're serious about this.

I'm really surprised nobody has replicated this piece yet, but guess removing the broken one that's bonded to the carbon fiber tube would be the challenge. Would be nice if you designed one to slip over the existing broken end piece, so it wouldn't have to be removed at all and used a longer bolt, or something like that . . . I have a broken one you could have as a template, if you're serious about this.
Take a picture of what you're talking about so that I can visually see it. I'll probably draw mine up in Solidworks and start working on some prototypes within the next couple months. Based on your picture I'll be able to see what you're talking about and we can go from there whether it's worth sending. I'm dead serious though, I have access to 50+ industrial (look up Fortus 400, 450 or 900) machines and the company just needs to keep the machines running. This is the fun stuff and why I love working for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg