Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 affordability lost?

Reaction score
I purchased a I1 on early 2015 and flew it in many different environments and situations, from Africa deserts to sails and motorboats, flight after flight gaining confidence about I1 was a rock solid flying platform, compact and easy to deploy.

Yes, sometimes FW updates brought some problems, but overall al was fine.

On April I moved to I1 pro.... and my troubles started. Not with the X5 itself but with I1 as an affordable flying platform.

First I experienced many many poor signal messages even in short flights (never seen before), after I had a nightmare experience ... a total signal loss (without any prior warning) at short distance (less than 50mt) with an automatic RTH. As we were in a rough terrain... I had to catch the I1 by hands to prevent serious damages.

I updated the FW to the last version... one of the 2 controllers is bricked and on its way to DJI....

During my first flights after the update I noticed the "limiting motors power" in basically no winds.... what's happening?

Before, filming with I1 was a matter of trying to catch the better shots.... now all the tension is focused on solving problems and cross fingers or voodoo prays to prevent more troubles.

Is Inspire 1 still an affordable flying platform? In this moment, for me, NOT.

Please DJI tell us what's happening.... did your engineers and sw developers had a long vacation or a loon beer party? Let us this nightmare cease.

I hate hearing this because I just bought the X5 camera and accessories for my I1v2. I have felt the I1 was solid up to this point too. I hope I do not have the same experience. The only thing I can say is I did have reception problems after a firmware update and solved it with an aftermarket transmit antenna. I know I shouldn't have to upgrade to get a signal but my I1 was nearly a brick without the upgrade. It seems the reception problems you mention are quite common these days. I am not sure what the cause is, but I hear of them more and more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan