Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Inspire 1 Battery

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Lawman0210, May 21, 2016.

1. Lawman0210

I have a Battery that only had 15 charges on it. The other day I charged it up and it all looked good. I put it into my I1 and it turned my I1 on automatically and shown up as 0 or N/A on my screen. I then pushed the button to see how much power was remaining and the LED's would not come on. I then tried to power down the craft but the battery would not power down. I pulled the battery and the battery seems dead. I put it on the charger and nothing but as soon as I snap it into the i1 it powers it up but with no battery info. I removed it again and tried popping the top and disconnecting the circuit board form power but that did nothing. Any ideas?

2. Tubbyengineer

Have you updated the AC Firmware since you bought the battery? could be a firmware mismatch between battery and AC?

3. DodgeP

Ran into this situation over the weekend. I know the battery was charged on Sunday morning, get to my location Sunday afternoon and the battery wouldn't turn on. Unplugged the circuit board, left overnight, still nothing. Coincidence that I updated my AC firmware on Friday? No idea, how I killed a fairly new battery with only 12 charges is beyond me. Waiting to hear back from DJI.

4. Rich Sugden MD

I have an Inspire 1 that is about 18 months old .. haven't flown it in probably 8 months, getting more familiar w. my Phantom 3 AV ... Yesterday when I checked, three of the four batteries were 'dead' .. no lights when pressed, or held for 5 sec .. one had 1.5 lights, and came right back. I took of the battery tops, disconnected the small wires connector and let them sit over night ... then plugged them into the charger .. still 'dead' after 30 min.! I thought all this complicated, expensive, circuitry in these batteries was to protect them against over-discharge ... which destroys lithium batteries. So now I have $600 worth of paperweights. One of the batteries was OK ... why would the other three go bad ... All had the same charge when stored. I think the batteries are defective, in that they are allowed to discharge in storage. I have probably 50 LiPo batteries of all sizes and shape, and they hold their charge for years ... that's the big advantage of LiPo vs. lead and Nicad ...