Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 (brand new) Remote white lights on when off and not charging- please help

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to Inspire 1 V2 (T600). I had a battery DoA. I am now checking my remote. After 3 hours or so remote got fully charged. I switched it on and off. The problem is when it is off and no charger connected the indicator lights are blinking as if it is charging (same sequence when RC is charging). Is this normal? It does not happen in Pantom 3 remote

I have done a video to show this. Your advise much appreciated as if it is defective I need to return to seller who already agreed to provide a replacement battery for the Drone

See the video clip Dropbox - 20160723_064917.mp4

Edit
I also noted that I do not have to press the power on button twice to swtich on the RC as per DJI manual.

One long press does Power on the RC so no two presses required. However to turn off it require one brief press and press and hold Power button. As such the RC seems to be in a mode where you press the power button briefly to check the status. Thatmay be why One long press swtich on the remote.

I did connect IPhone via cable to the unit and swtich the RC on. It recognise the RC as part of Inspire 1 but as I do not have a working battery (DoA) I cannot check if the RC actually function OK though there is something wired happening to show battery status automatically every 2-3 second time. Can this be a some setting or some problem with the Firmware?

When I connect the charger it acts normal and once fully charged no LEDs. However once I disconnect from the charger this LED sequence come back without touching any button

Last edited:
Hi
I am new to Inspire 1 V2 (T600). I had a battery DoA. I am now checking my remote. After 3 hours or so remote got fully charged. I switched it on and off. The problem is when it is off and no charger connected the indicator lights are blinking as if it is charging (same sequence when RC is charging). Is this normal? It does not happen in Pantom 3 remote

I have done a video to show this. Your advise much appreciated as if it is defective I need to return to seller who already agreed to provide a replacement battery for the Drone

See the video clip Dropbox - 20160723_064917.mp4

Edit
I also noted that I do not have to press the power on button twice to swtich on the RC as per DJI manual.

One long press does Power on the RC so no two presses required. However to turn off it require one brief press and press and hold Power button. As such the RC seems to be in a mode where you press the power button briefly to check the status. Thatmay be why One long press swtich on the remote.

I did connect IPhone via cable to the unit and swtich the RC on. It recognise the RC as part of Inspire 1 but as I do not have a working battery (DoA) I cannot check if the RC actually function OK though there is something wired happening to show battery status automatically every 2-3 second time. Can this be a some setting or some problem with the Firmware?

When I connect the charger it acts normal and once fully charged no LEDs. However once I disconnect from the charger this LED sequence come back without touching any button
Sounds like you have a faulty remote.
To turn it on DOES require a short and long press and the same to turn it off.
If yours is not behaving that way there is something wrong since the leds should be off when the remote is off.

Thank you so much for the response. Will a firmware upgrade solve this?

I connected my phone to remote. In DJI GO app I can go to camara view as Inspire 1. In Settings I can see the firmware version of the RC. I also did RC calibration without any problem. All the buttons passed the calibration check so it seems to be working but not sure whether there are other unknown issues etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth