Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 camera adapter for osmo

Reaction score
I have heard that DJI is going to release an adapter that will fix inspire 1 camera compatibility issues?
Anyone else know of this?

I have heard that DJI is going to release an adapter that will fix inspire 1 camera compatibility issues?
What compatibility issues?
Do you mean the X5 (which will need an adapter)
Or do you mean the Inspires X3 which only requires a firmware update.......which is imminent;)?

What compatibility issues?
Do you mean the X5 (which will need an adapter)
Or do you mean the Inspires X3 which only requires a firmware update.......which is imminent;)?

I was told by a dealer, who I will not name, that the inspre 1 x3 camera would need an additional adapter which is not available yet.

i had the handle for the x3 pre ordered from dji 10/12/15 they recently told me the firmware update would be available end of November. I cancelled my order and bought the whole unit from a dji dealer in the usa. to much waiting time for me and I decided to not remove my x3 all the time to use the osmo and who know there will be issues.

I was told by a dealer, who I will not name, that the inspre 1 x3 camera would need an additional adapter which is not available yet.
I don't know for sure but the all in one camera /gamble and OSMO handle combination will not fit the inspire one camera. I purchased the Osmo system out right and attempted to put the inspire one camera on it to see how it would look, won't fit i'm guessing they would have to be an adapter to make that connection.

i had the handle for the x3 pre ordered from dji 10/12/15 they recently told me the firmware update would be available end of November. I cancelled my order and bought the whole unit from a dji dealer in the usa. to much waiting time for me and I decided to not remove my x3 all the time to use the osmo and who know there will be issues.
I have decided to do the same as you, I put in my order for the OSMO handle and carry case almost a month ago and am tired of waiting. I purchased the OSMO (camera,gimbal & handle with carry case) two weeks ago from my local dealer and really like it. I also agree with not using my Inspire 1 camera for the OSMO it would only be a matter of time before damage. The OSMO has three travel locks for safe moving the handle version doesn't.
I have put in a e-mail to DJI to stop my early order of OSMO handle and case. I received notification that both orders are canceled and refund is on the way. Refund received.

Last edited:
Reactions: [email protected]
One could suspect that the delay in the firmware and the shipping of the handle only was intended to cause customers to cancel those orders and buy the hold deal, me included.
But that would be so...(insert comment)

I don't know for sure but the all in one camera /gamble and OSMO handle combination will not fit the inspire one camera. I purchased the Osmo system out right and attempted to put the inspire one camera on it to see how it would look, won't fit i'm guessing they would have to be an adapter to make that connection.

It will fit ok but the alignment mark is 180 out. When mounted it appears to track but the trigger doesn't work and no image to the iPhone. These two gambles are very different.

One could suspect that the delay in the firmware and the shipping of the handle only was intended to cause customers to cancel those orders and buy the hold deal, me included.
But that would be so...(insert comment)

They didn't have to offer the handle at all. That would sell more Osmos. I think the mistake was offering the handle for sell before the upgrade was available. Can't imagine how upset I would be if I received the useless handle.

Ha guys and girls remember one thing the Inspire 1 camera/gimbal is some what sensitive and is extremely necessary to the operation of your drone, one drop and your out with two devices. To me the price tag for the complete OMSO is well worth the future headaches. Plus the black on black camera and handle look so much cooler and its a true match with no adapters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Bird
It will fit ok but the alignment mark is 180 out. When mounted it appears to track but the trigger doesn't work and no image to the iPhone. These two gambles are very different.
But the alignment is off 180 so it doesn't work, right, it needs an adaptor right ?.
Let me amend my statement, I don't see where you would need an adaptor but up dated firmware should fix this issue.
I choose to get a refund on the OSMO handle and I purchased the complete OSMO unit from my local dealer all is well.

Last edited:
I think the mistake was offering the handle for sell before the upgrade was available. Can't imagine how upset I would be if I received the useless handle.

But nobody has received it, since they precisely delayed shipments until the update is ready.

Last edited:
Fell right into the DJI consumer trap. Promised the ability to use your white X3 camera for ground work. Then got suckered into purchase another $650 piece of hardware that will get minimal use because lets face it...that camera sucks.

Fell right into the DJI consumer trap. Promised the ability to use your white X3 camera for ground work. Then got suckered into purchase another $650 piece of hardware that will get minimal use because lets face it...that camera sucks.
I'm having a hard time understanding the complaint here. The $650 comes with the extra camera. The Osmo camera has the same image quality as the white X3 other than that the lens has been tuned for closer focus. If you think the Osmo camera sucks, then the white X3 is going to suck more when stuck on the Osmo handle. It does seem kind of stupid that DJI didn't design the handle so that it was more easily adaptable. Personally, I just wish they would get the X5 working on the handle. If that adapter doesn't materialize, I'm going to be annoyed.

Promised the ability to use your white X3 camera for ground work. Then got suckered into purchase another $650 piece of hardware that will get minimal use because lets face it...that camera sucks.
The only one you can blame is yourself, because firstly buying the Osmo with camera instead of waiting for the handle only to be available for your X3 is a choice YOU made (I made it too after a long hesitation and not regretting it), and secondly if you think the X3 sucks I don't know why you haven't sold it yet, let alone why you bought an extra accessory for it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi