Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Camera can't update suspect malfunction

Reaction score
Good day guys,

I recently send my Inspire 1 to my dealer in Malaysia for firmware update and hence he told my everything was able to be updated (RC,bird,batteries) except my camera.

My dealer requested me to RMA (All the way to Hong Kong) but since I need the drone for my videos very soon I would like to seek some advice. Appreciate your help guys!

p/s

1. Camera works and records perfectly fine
2. No issues other than this issue mentioned above

Just go and test if everything works fine leave it
That is for now, but I would want to know if anyone has faced this issue before, It will be a huge issue for updates in future. Wish I had a more capable local dealer

There is a patch file for updating just the camera, why not update it yourself?
What version of firmware are you running at the moment, take a look in the about section for the answer..

Reactions: bigblock
There is a patch file for updating just the camera, why not update it yourself?
What version of firmware are you running at the moment, take a look in the about section for the answer..
this is what my log says :
========== 2015.09.04 02:23:03 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

And i just checked in the Overall status still shows
1. Camera requires upgrade
2. Aircraft requires upgrade

I think it is aborted because you have allready the right version.Are all batteries upgraded too?If not upgrade them also and fly them down under 5%.Charge them again to 100 % and check again.Also try to reinstall the app.Remember install the latest version of the app.

I think it is aborted because you have allready the right version.Are all batteries upgraded too?If not upgrade them also and fly them down under 5%.Charge them again to 100 % and check again.Also try to reinstall the app.Remember install the latest version of the app.
Yes all is the latest, I just swapped the camera with my friends and It shows my drone is updated. When i plug in my camera it shows otherwise.

Is there any other way I can diagnose the camera? I see there is a micro usb slot behind the camera

Look at the hidden log on the card to see the exact versions.

My guess is your camera actually has newer firmware than what the public download has, and the app erroneously says an upgrade is needed as it doesn't know about that version.

Reactions: bigblock
Look at the hidden log on the card to see the exact versions.

My guess is your camera actually has newer firmware than what the public download has, and the app erroneously says an upgrade is needed as it doesn't know about that version.
I believe so because a month ago my brother crashed my drone forcing my to get it repaired sent it all the way to Hong Kong, the camera lens was cracked and I was not sure what repairs were made on it. How can I trace the camera software version? Total noob here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar