Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Feet.... Surface Protection?

Reaction score
Hello All,
I decided to take my Inspire out for some desert shots. Needless to say, it didn't take long for me to realize I had to put it on the rough ground for takeoff. However, I immediately started to wonder how long the plastic feet would last on such surfaces. You would have thought that DJI would have come up with some sort of protection for the feet. Obviously, if you keep landing on rough surfaces, the feet are going to start showing signs of wear (scratches, scuffs, nicks, etc). I scoured the web for some sort of solution. This solution looks believable as you can take these off to allow the drone to slide back into travel mode when needed. Any thoughts?

Inspire 1 Rubber Landing Skids. Reduce the impact on legs & save your plastic

Last edited:
Hello All,
I decided to take my Inspire out for some desert shots. Needless to say, it didn't take long for me to realize I had to put it on the rough ground for takeoff. However, I immediately started to wonder how long the plastic feet would last on such surfaces? You would have thought that DJI would have come up with some sort of protection for the feet. Obviously, if you keep landing on rough surfaces, the feet are going to start showing signs of wear (scratches, scuffs, nicks, etc. I scoured the web for some sort of solution. This solution looks believable as you can take these off to allow the drone to slide back into travel mode when needed. Any thoughts?

Inspire 1 Rubber Landing Skids. Reduce the impact on legs & save your plastic
Black Duck or Gorilla tape????

Reactions: Neil sulish
Black Duck or Gorilla tape????
But once you put tape on the feet, it no longer slides when transforming in and out of travel mode. The feet will start to grip and bind. That's why I thought the ebay posting was such a good idea. Any other ideas? I would rather pull rubber feet off instead of peeling the tape off.

But once you put tape on the feet, it no longer slides when transforming in and out of travel mode. The feet will start to grip and bind. That's why I thought the ebay posting was such a good idea. Any other ideas? I would rather pull rubber feet off instead of peeling the tape off.
Velcro, been using it for over a year now.
I1 still slides, just picks up long strands of hair...

Reactions: The Editor
That may be true, but skids are cheaper than s leg/foot assembly. And there's no wiring involvement.
They are hard plastic stickers on the bottom of the feet. You don't need to rewire anything.

They are hard plastic stickers on the bottom of the feet. You don't need to rewire anything.
I'm not sure what hard plastic stickers you are referring to. Inspire legs and feet are solid. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anything stuck to the bottom of the feet. If there were, people wouldn't be coming up with solutions such as the suggestions posted above and the eBay listings. Now I am aware of the adhesive feet that give the Inpire a boost for the X5.

I'm not sure what hard plastic stickers you are referring to. Inspire legs and feet are solid. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anything stuck to the bottom of the feet. If there were, people wouldn't be coming up with solutions such as the suggestions posted above and the eBay listings. Now I am aware of the adhesive feet that give the Inpire a boost for the X5.
Hmm, maybe they are exclusive to the I1 V2.0

Hmm, maybe they are exclusive to the I1 V2.0
My inspire 1 is a V2. Can you take a picture and show me what your thinking of? I just flew mine today and the bottoms of the feet are indeed hard plastic. There are plastic stickers on the sides covering the antennas, but that's all I really see.

My inspire 1 is a V2. Can you take a picture and show me what your thinking of? I just flew mine today and the bottoms of the feet are indeed hard plastic. There are plastic stickers on the sides covering the antennas, but that's all I really see.
20160618_190503.png

Oh my bad.... I assumed they all had them, it seems like a no brainer. I bought my Inspire like new off of Craigslist.

I'll take a look online when I get home and see if I can find what they are.

It seems as though someone put those on there. It makes sense as it really does need foot protection. I'll snap a shot of mine and reply back when I can. I bought mine new from a local hobby shop. Usually they have a paper picture of the inspire bound and glued together around the case you have to peal away.

Reactions: slim.slamma
I always use a landing pad. When I had my P2 I got sand and grit in the motors...not good. With all these deserts in Ireland I had to take action...deserted beached I mean! Inspire feet tips are like new.
I do have a little landing pad, but I only use it in the grass. I need something a little better for hard surfaces.

Reactions: orangepeel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah