Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 FPV addon

Reaction score
I've read a few forums and have seen the idea of adding a front nose camera on the inspire 1. I want to do this and need to know what frequencies are best. My understanding is that I need a camera, a video transmitter and video receiver all running on the same frequency together. so far I'm seeing the cameras around $50-$75 and about 700-800 TVL. Most frequencies are 5.8 GHZ as well. So my question. Can I get say a small FPV camera, mount it to the nose of the inspire with its own small battery. Run the antenna cord down to the back and mount the video transmitter to the back and buy a video receiver/monitor all on 5.8 ghz and be fine? If you know a lot about the FPV stuff and what I would need I would love to talk to you briefly before I order it. Thank you.

P.S I will be flying the inspire while my business partner controls the gimbaled camera taking the shots.

I've read a few forums and have seen the idea of adding a front nose camera on the inspire 1. I want to do this and need to know what frequencies are best. My understanding is that I need a camera, a video transmitter and video receiver all running on the same frequency together. so far I'm seeing the cameras around $50-$75 and about 700-800 TVL. Most frequencies are 5.8 GHZ as well. So my question. Can I get say a small FPV camera, mount it to the nose of the inspire with its own small battery. Run the antenna cord down to the back and mount the video transmitter to the back and buy a video receiver/monitor all on 5.8 ghz and be fine? If you know a lot about the FPV stuff and what I would need I would love to talk to you briefly before I order it. Thank you.

P.S I will be flying the inspire while my business partner controls the gimbaled camera taking the shots.
I have had good experiences with the Fatshark/Immersion transmitters. I have a 5.8Ghz 250mW Fatshark Tx that I can attach with super velcro to the back of the Inspire. I used a Sony 600 TVL and a Fatshark Predator V2 goggles or a diversity 5.8Ghz receiver screen. The TX and TVL are both powered by a 2s 7.4v lipo that's very compact and light, just as the 600TVL, attached with super velcro. I don't use it very often, that's why I made it easy to remove/attach. It's a very lightweight setup that doesn't alter the I1's COG much, if at all.

I have had good experiences with the Fatshark/Immersion transmitters. I have a 5.8Ghz 250mW Fatshark Tx that I can attach with super velcro to the back of the Inspire. I used a Sony 600 TVL and a Fatshark Predator V2 goggles or a diversity 5.8Ghz receiver screen. The TX and TVL are both powered by a 2s 7.4v lipo that's very compact and light, just as the 600TVL, attached with super velcro. I don't use it very often, that's why I made it easy to remove/attach. It's a very lightweight setup that doesn't alter the I1's COG much, if at all.

Interested in a similar setup and like your idea. Have any photos of setup? How's the quality & range?

Interested in a similar setup and like your idea. Have any photos of setup? How's the quality & range?
Dji inspirert 1 fpv mod | DJI Inspire Forum

Quality is OK for the purpose. And thats nothing more than nose orientation. So I really don't bother too much about the picture. I still get all the telemetrie data on the mobile device.
The range is more than enough. At least 1.5 miles. I use a cheap 32ch diversity receiver screen and tested the range once with my P2. Got over 2km without any loss. Had to head back only because of the battery level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44