Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Income Possibilities. What have you done?

Reaction score
This thread is for out of the box ideas for making money with the Inspire 1. Obviously everyone and the mother is doing real estate and dragging the profits down.

I'll start of by some of the things I have had luck with.

1. Local Chambers of Commerce - Potential for town tourism video productions, b-roll, photos of attractions and tourist hotspots.

2. Architects - Build progress monitoring, final glamour shots for websites and marketing.

3. Local News - contract photography.

Reactions: Hercules_One
2. Architects - Build progress monitoring, final glamour shots for websites and marketing.

Not just architects, but contractors as well. I regularly document construction around me for fun. I've had those contractors reach out to me through Instagram asking if i'll give them shots for hire. I always decline because I'm not 333 exempt. Reach out to the contractors but also the subs directly. Steel subs, concrete subs, and crane operators seem to be the most interested in drone photos/videos for marketing materials.

Architects can utilize aerial photography for background context in renderings. It's significantly cheaper than hiring a helicopter for the photos. My company regularly hires drone operators all across the country for this.

I do a lot of construction sites and well sites (probably not many big oil operations in CO though). I would definitely hit up ski resorts if I were you, lot's of hills up in the Canadian rockies are using drones for promo stuff now and I know there is no shortage of resorts in CO.
Wrong season, but golf courses as well. Tourism is a great idea as well as architects, I have done work for them in the past... Also big machine shops and large warehouses if you are comfortable flying inside.

You name it we have flown it up here in Alberta, but the drone industry is much less saturated up here meaning we have a significant leg up. We also shoot a fair bit of stuff for reality TV productions. If you're all legal to fly market yourself to TV producers, home shows and construction/building shows are dime a dozen, bound to be a couple filming in your area that could use some sweet drone shots.

This thread is for out of the box ideas for making money with the Inspire 1. Obviously everyone and the mother is doing real estate and dragging the profits down.

I'll start of by some of the things I have had luck with.

1. Local Chambers of Commerce - Potential for town tourism video productions, b-roll, photos of attractions and tourist hotspots.

3. Local News - contract photography.

I too am interested in **333 Exempt Operator**. I have insurance through AMA, but think I will need 333 Exemption before I go too commercial. Does anyone know a link to the process? I went to the govt site and it is so layered with regulations that do not apply to drones (in general) it is difficult to follow. I would be looking at flying under the 400 ft limit, event photography, MLS and construction flying an Inspire or the PV2+.

I too am interested in **333 Exempt Operator**. I have insurance through AMA, but think I will need 333 Exemption before I go too commercial. Does anyone know a link to the process? I went to the govt site and it is so layered with regulations that do not apply to drones (in general) it is difficult to follow. I would be looking at flying under the 400 ft limit, event photography, MLS and construction flying an Inspire or the PV2+.
Your going to also need a pilots license as well as the 333.

Reactions: kcobello

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela