Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Landing gear fails to deploy

Reaction score
Hi

I was flying my inspire a couple of days ago and pressed the land button in the pilot app "Android". The landing gear did not deploy and the inspire dropped onto its rear props and gimble. Broken prop, everything else seemed OK. Same thing happened today this time I spotted the gear wasn't down, switched from GPS mode and took control. I tried to manually lower the gear with the controller switch. The software said the gear was raising and lowering but this was not actually the case. I had to effect a "grab it by the battery at arms length" manoeuvre (scary). I then took the props and gimble off, placed the inspire on the closed lid of the case and flicked the control switch 4 times, the gear went into the fully lowered position, another 4 flicks the gear went into the travel position.

Not had this before and my take off and landing procedures have not changed.

Any help gratefully received.

Kram

Hi

I was flying my inspire a couple of days ago and pressed the land button in the pilot app "Android". The landing gear did not deploy and the inspire dropped onto its rear props and gimble. Broken prop, everything else seemed OK. Same thing happened today this time I spotted the gear wasn't down, switched from GPS mode and took control. I tried to manually lower the gear with the controller switch. The software said the gear was raising and lowering but this was not actually the case. I had to effect a "grab it by the battery at arms length" manoeuvre (scary). I then took the props and gimble off, placed the inspire on the closed lid of the case and flicked the control switch 4 times, the gear went into the fully lowered position, another 4 flicks the gear went into the travel position.

Not had this before and my take off and landing procedures have not changed.

Any help gratefully received.

Kram
Sometimes the landing gear needs a 'nudge' as it can become stuck.
When the Inspire is off, insert a small screwdriver into the hole where you can see a screw slot from the bottom of the landing worm drive. (Through the gimbal plate)
Give it a very slight turn (1/8 of a turn or so carefully). Then give it another try. :)

I applied the suggested tweak to the worm drive. Two successful test flights since, with no landing gear issues seen!

Nice one.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Mark

Sometimes the landing gear needs a 'nudge' as it can become stuck.
When the Inspire is off, insert a small screwdriver into the hole where you can see a screw slot from the bottom of the landing worm drive. (Through the gimbal plate)
Give it a very slight turn (1/8 of a turn or so carefully). Then give it another try. :)

That is VERY scary! should we all loosen that screw a tad to prevent landing on the camera?

That is VERY scary! should we all loosen that screw a tad to prevent landing on the camera?
No, it has not happened in that many cases and once adjusted this way I have not heard of it reoccurring.
I wouldn't worry about it too much just make sure the worm drive remains clean and free from dust/contamination etc and occasionally lubricate it with a thin grease.

Reactions: LockMD
My landing gear switch seems to also be a little random... the 4x quickswitch to go into and out of travel mode in particular seems to only work fairly randomly. in critical situations though it always did what I asked it to do...

On my Inspire Pro, the landing gear failed to deploy automatically when landing. This occurred even though I the GO APP was set to auto deploy. I had to use the right switch on the RC to deploy the landing gear just in time! How can I fix this?

Yup - auto land, auto take off, auto landing gear best to avoid totally IMO. VPS is too flakey to rely on deployment of automated features.

I applied the suggested tweak to the worm drive. Two successful test flights since, with no landing gear issues seen!

Nice one.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Mark
Good day.. Sir I encounter the same problem. can you pls take a picture of what screw driver that need to turn? Your help will very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry