Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Left Control Wheel Controls Gimbal Yaw not Pitch

Reaction score
Suddenly, my I1 Pro RC's left control wheel will only control the gimbal's yaw and not its pitch. I have the latest firmware and software (Android) on all components and have tried all RC settings to no avail. Pitch can still be controlled on screen and the slave RC functions normal for gimbal control, but no pitch control with left control wheel which has been a standard op forever. Has anyone else bumped in to this issue?

Your Go App in your controller has lost its way. In the Go App in any drop down menu go to controller and reset C1 & C2 choices. My defaults all the time. It is hard to fly and look for the settings at the same time. I check mine with every battery change.
Have fun!

Thanks for the suggestion Ed, but multiple resets of the C1 and C2 buttons and reboots did not resolve the issue - control wheel still only controls yaw. Bizarre. I would appreciate any other suggestions.

Problem solved!

The Android GO app does not have the same drop-down choices to reset C1 and C2 as the Apple app does - namely to switch the gimbal control wheel between pan and tilt.

I changed the setting from pan to tilt using an iPhone, then went back to using an Android tablet where the change to tilt control remained intact. Another platform continuity challenge for DJI...

Reactions: Håkan22
Found at least a solution. Not a very good one. In the GO app, set the camera to "Free". Then in Litchi, you can program one C1/C2 to switch pan/tilt. I usually have one map/fpv and the other reset gimbal. I found out the reset gimbal doesn't reset tilt. It only resets pan, no matter whether the wheel is controlling pan or tilt, C1 only resets pan. If it was pointing down and to the right, it will reset to pointing down and center. I had hoped it would point perfect horizontal and front via use of reset.

Yes, I'd like to have perfect FPV reset functionality as well. As for resetting without an iOS device, I borrowed a friend's iPhone, installed the iOS DJI Go app, powered up the RC and the Inspire, made the configuration change via the iPhone app, shut everything down, powered up everything again with the Android app and, voila - the change stuck! I then uninstalled the DJI Go app from my friend's iPhone and returned it - less than 10 minutes total time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen