Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 life span.

Reaction score
I recently bought an inspire 1 pro for commercial use. I was just wondering if anyone has had theirs since they were released? Thinking ahead, its kind of hard to get an idea on just how long these machines will last. Im sure with the proper preventative maintenance and care, they could last quite a while. Any input?

I still have my Inspire 1 v1 and still going strong.. Maintenance is key to anything other than the "firmwares"<---That right there, is scary[emoji6]

450+ flights in 13 months and there is no signs of wear whatsoever. (V 2.0)
Cycle your batteries and recharge them weekly, even if not flying and all will be well.
I just replaced the prop locks to the 1345LS and they are excellent.
I was going to replace the 1345Ts even though there were no signs of wear.
Preventive maintenance.

Good to hear. Thank you for the input! Anyone do any NDVI work with their inspire 1?

We had an Inspire 1 turned Inspire 1 Pro that was a preproduction model from shortly before they began regular shipping and it was used probably every 2 to 3 days on average. LOTS of flight time and we put it through its paces on some tough shoots. Such a workhorse and it's now in the hands of a production company that continues to work it quite hard. I really have no idea how many flights that unit had but most importantly was that it was very well cared for and treated like a baby. Treat it well, give it some TLC very so often and it will provide great $$$ returns :cool: Safe and happy flying.

If you don't crash it it can theoretically go on for decades. Only the motor bearings need to be replaced after every 150-200 hours.

I'm more worried about support for software and apps. That will seize to exist someday, forcing us to keep old mobile devices alive with ancient OS's, until they finally break down for good. For the technical guys among us there will be ways to install alternative flight control systems but for the majority that means end of usable life.

If you don't crash it it can theoretically go on for decades. Only the motor bearings need to be replaced after every 150-200 hours.

I'm more worried about support for software and apps. That will seize to exist someday, forcing us to keep old mobile devices alive with ancient OS's, until they finally break down for good. For the technical guys among us there will be ways to install alternative flight control systems but for the majority that means end of usable life.
We almost bought an I1... Glad we waited for the I2, even with its current "issues".

I had a question for you more experienced DJI folk... should we expect serious replacement parts to ever hit the market? You mentioned motor bearings like they were something available, but I've never seen maintenence parts for DJI stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

We almost bought an I1... Glad we waited for the I2, even with its current "issues".

I had a question for you more experienced DJI folk... should we expect serious replacement parts to ever hit the market? You mentioned motor bearings like they were something available, but I've never seen maintenence parts for DJI stuff.

Hmm, well at least I have 2 years of flying with the I1, without any problems. Nobody can take that away. The I2 will not be future proof either. It's 2 years younger, that's all.

But bearings are a standard spare part, easy to get at 3rd parties. On this forum you can find at least one thread about changing bearings and what size to get and where.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Awesome, I'm big on preventative maintenance, especially as I only really fly commercially and having all the proper maintenence and logs will be good if something ever happens and I need to file an insurance claim.

Good to hear. Thank you for the input! Anyone do any NDVI work with their inspire 1?
Just getting into it....There are different NDVI camera versions depending on what your final output will be. For example, datamapper needs a specific camera set up to take advantages of the many algorithms they offer whereas DroneDeploy does not but offers a lot less algorithm reports.

Reactions: Jonnyt8807
I recently bought an inspire 1 pro for commercial use. I was just wondering if anyone has had theirs since they were released? Thinking ahead, its kind of hard to get an idea on just how long these machines will last. Im sure with the proper preventative maintenance and care, they could last quite a while. Any input?
Well for some, the life span of the Inspire is around 3 seconds......Take off at 0:19 and write off at 0:22:p

Reactions: bluelight.support
That's called operator error...

No, to be fair, it wasn't in that instance. The first incarnation of Inspire firmware had an IMU bug in it which was fixed fairly rapidly. It didn't stop few of these incidents though.
It's still the shortest I know of that someone has owned and then destroyed one!

No, to be fair, it wasn't in that instance. The first incarnation of Inspire firmware had an IMU bug in it which was fixed fairly rapidly. It didn't stop few of these incidents though.
It's still the shortest I know of that someone has owned and then destroyed one!
It sounded like the person in the video knew there was some sort of issue... that being said, and your info, testing near houses aiming at people instead of an open field, is not only unwise, but unsafe.

Just getting into it....There are different NDVI camera versions depending on what your final output will be. For example, datamapper needs a specific camera set up to take advantages of the many algorithms they offer whereas DroneDeploy does not but offers a lot less algorithm reports.

Ok cool. Im set up with drone deploy and I bought the Ag Scout Pro (inspire 1 with fancy vinyl wrap) from Aerialagpros.com, so I've got the Zenmuse X3 modified for NDVI. About how many acres can you cover on a single charge? Say at 150'.

450+ flights in 13 months and there is no signs of wear whatsoever. (V 2.0)
Cycle your batteries and recharge them weekly, even if not flying and all will be well.
This may be a silly question but how do you recycle your batteries? How do you discharge the tb47 batteries?

The issue may not be product life but technology life. Seems like the product could last years with proper maintenance. New technological capabilities are released several times a year. The M200 series is a good example. Its capabilities may make the Inspire 1 Pro technologically obsolete in a couple of years.

Reactions: Jonnyt8807
The issue may not be product life but technology life. Seems like the product could last years with proper maintenance. New technological capabilities are released several times a year. The M200 series is a good example. Its capabilities may make the Inspire 1 Pro technologically obsolete in a couple of years.

Hopefully DJI will keep the consumer in mind, and maintain multiple platforms of affordability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret