Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 life span.

First, we've had our I1 since the beginning, just after they introduced the locking propellers (not the screw on kind). It flies great! Never had a problem (knock, knock). I get terrific video and photos from the X3 camera. I do many equipment checks before each flight, weekly maintenance (and I keep logs). I fly with safety in mind first and will tell my boss "NO" if he asks me to do something that I deem unsafe even if it's just to the aircraft. Like one other poster said, I treat it like it's my baby and take great care with it and it's still going strong!

Second, as to EDDSkitz's reply to Jonnyt8807's comment, I'm afraid I have to agree with EDD. Companies that sell any products, will always make future products that make early models obsolete. That's how they make money. Sure, you can still use your iPod mini but even if you still have one, do you? Probably not, you use your phone which is probably at least a 6 model. Someday (probably not to far in the future) an original, functioning Inspire 1 will make a fine drone museum display. If you want to hold on to yours and donate it to such a museum you can get the tax deduction but to actually keep flying, especially for commercial purposes, us Inspire Oners I'm sure will have to get new drones soon.

I recently bought an inspire 1 pro for commercial use. I was just wondering if anyone has had theirs since they were released? Thinking ahead, its kind of hard to get an idea on just how long these machines will last. Im sure with the proper preventative maintenance and care, they could last quite a while. Any input?

I have a little over 500 flights with my Inspire-1 and I am very happy with it. The one reason I have not been uptight about all these new drones is because I look at what I am trying to accomplish as a commercial operator. I do agriculture and construction primarily. This unit has been rock steady and accomplishes everything that I could want. IF I was into photography and doing video professionally, I would be scratching my head.

I would look at your drone that way. What is it you want to accomplish as a commercial operator and is the airframe suitable for your needs. Not shiny new for the sake of it.

Reactions: Pescatoral Pursuit
I have flown my Inspire 1 pro for a few weeks now. Took it over the water today, no issues. Decided to fly indoors for the first time today and one of the prop locks just broke off. Propellers were all properly connected. It crashed inside and luckily only damaged the propellers. I'm not flying it anymore until I got the updated prop locks.

I have a little over 500 flights with my Inspire-1 and I am very happy with it. The one reason I have not been uptight about all these new drones is because I look at what I am trying to accomplish as a commercial operator. I do agriculture and construction primarily. This unit has been rock steady and accomplishes everything that I could want. IF I was into photography and doing video professionally, I would be scratching my head.

I would look at your drone that way. What is it you want to accomplish as a commercial operator and is the airframe suitable for your needs. Not shiny new for the sake of it.
Dennis what type of agriculture work are you doing?

Crop health and Insurance claims mostly. I have done some water run off studies as well.
Thanks, there's a lot of Citrus, water melon, sugar cane, tomatoes to name a few around here, any advice on what your doing or a pointer to some information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, there's a lot of Citrus, water melon, sugar cane, tomatoes to name a few around here, any advice on what your doing or a pointer to some information would be greatly appreciated

I use DroneDeploy, so the best results vary depend on the day. When I first started out I kind of struggled. But this article really helped me and should give you a better understanding. There really isn't a hard setting because like I said, it all depends on that the day you are doing your flight is like. Making Successful Maps

thanks I use drone deploy also, I'm mapping a couple of organic composting company's now I was just wondering what you're doing for the farmers that's a benefit to them. Trying to expand my horizons.

thanks I use drone deploy also, I'm mapping a couple of organic composting company's now I was just wondering what you're doing for the farmers that's a benefit to them. Trying to expand my horizons.

Water usage is a big thing here. In the winter when we get the thaw in spring there are areas in fields that flood. So it really helps the farmer ahead of time to go fix those areas. Also another area is standing water. Are they filling up after the farmer waters? Also, is there any run off from pesticides. Will it leech into the water tables? Those are big areas that farmers are really starting to look at. I am not sure if this would apply to your area. Doing maps where a farmer irrigates is really helpful. Too much, too little water? It is about showing value in doing bench marks for a farmer. Just because you did it once, you need to show why you should be going back.

Water usage is a big thing here. In the winter when we get the thaw in spring there are areas in fields that flood. So it really helps the farmer ahead of time to go fix those areas. Also another area is standing water. Are they filling up after the farmer waters? Also, is there any run off from pesticides. Will it leech into the water tables? Those are big areas that farmers are really starting to look at. I am not sure if this would apply to your area. Doing maps where a farmer irrigates is really helpful. Too much, too little water? It is about showing value in doing bench marks for a farmer. Just because you did it once, you need to show why you should be going back.
Thanks for the reply Dennis, that gives me a starting point to look into

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD