Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire 1 NEW firmware 1.9.1.30 out ;-)

anyone have any a with the new firware 1.9.1.30? Just thinking up doing it but wondering if any glitches in it, I have a phantom 3 pro and have always done my firmware updates faithffully but new to the inspires so just wondering

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone... A couple weeks ago I installed FW 9.1... I have encountered a couple issues (nothing too serious) but was wondering if I should revert back to 1.8 or should I upgrade to v1.9.1.30 - IF they say they have ironed out the issues from 1.9?

Hi Everyone... A couple weeks ago I installed FW 9.1... I have encountered a couple issues (nothing too serious) but was wondering if I should revert back to 1.8 or should I upgrade to v1.9.1.30 - IF they say they have ironed out the issues from 1.9?

What issues did you encounter?

Inspire 1 Firmware v1.9.1.30 is concerning, after update I did GPS calibration (As I always do after updates) I was in my normal flying environment, I'm running the latest version of DJI GO, I got a notification box saying something about the ultrasonic systems Error and that I needed to land immediately, Note I was still on the ground, I dismissed the notification. the status bar said safe to fly GPS, the APP says firmware is latest, I then restarted the aircraft to see if I would get the notification again (I did not) I proceed to do my test with caution , I had 12 SATS upon takeoff, I noticed right of the bat that the self adaptive landing gear did not raise I noticed the inspire didn't seem as stable in the wind and it had the attendance to ascend and descend by its self (A small upwards/downwards drift) my absolute altitude was grater then Pressure altitude.
the Inspire one was about 17 feet AGL and the DJI go app said between 1-3 feet started with 0.0. I was able to figure out that when the aircraft in in stable hover, altitude seems to zero out making the aircraft think that its at ground level thus the reason the self adapting landing gear didn't work. I would not want to try a return to home because I can't imagine the craft turning off in 65 feet above the home point because it thinks its at ground level once it finds a stable hover. I landed with -feet took off more then once, and was able to repeat, I restarted the APP, same thing.

Hope this helps you help others and me o_O
Clancey Aggen

7/18/2016
Time to downgrade

Last edited:
I
Inspire 1 Firmware v1.9.1.30 is concerning, after update I did GPS calibration (As I always do after updates) I was in my normal flying environment, I'm running the latest version of DJI GO, I got a notification box saying something about the ultrasonic systems Error and that I needed to land immediately, Note I was still on the ground, I dismissed the notification. the status bar said safe to fly GPS, the APP says firmware is latest, I then restarted the aircraft to see if I would get the notification again (I did not) I proceed to do my test with caution , I had 12 SATS upon takeoff, I noticed right of the bat that the self adaptive landing gear did not raise I noticed the inspire didn't seem as stable in the wind and it had the attendance to ascend and descend by its self (A small upwards/downwards drift) my absolute altitude was grater then Pressure altitude.
the Inspire one was about 17 feet AGL and the DJI go app said between 1-3 feet started with 0.0. I was able to figure out that when the aircraft in in stable hover, altitude seems to zero out making the aircraft think that its at ground level thus the reason the self adapting landing gear didn't work. I would not want to try a return to home because I can't imagine the craft turning off in 65 feet above the home point because it thinks its at ground level once it finds a stable hover. I landed with -feet took off more then once, and was able to repeat, I restarted the APP, same thing.

Hope this helps you help others and me o_O
Clancey Aggen

7/18/2016
Time to downgrade

Update

Downgraded Inspire one back to WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00, Fixed the issue with the self adaptive landing gear, I am still getting the ultrasonic systems Error I preformed the same procedure as before I had 16 Sat locks this time upon take off. altitude is holding better from what i can tell positioning looks good, altitude readout is gives intermittent false readings, such as negative altitude, BTW I corrected my post I had said it was a VPS error but it was an ultrasonic systems Error.

I

Update

Downgraded Inspire one back to WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00, Fixed the issue with the self adaptive landing gear, I am still getting the ultrasonic systems Error I preformed the same procedure as before I had 16 Sat locks this time upon take off. altitude is holding better from what i can tell positioning looks good, altitude readout is gives intermittent false readings, such as negative altitude, BTW I corrected my post I had said it was a VPS error but it was an ultrasonic systems Error.

Sounds like you might have a real hardware issue.

Sounds like you might have a real hardware issue.
I blew air inside the ultrasonic systems and think something may have came out like grass or something not 100% sure Its working fine on this WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00

I may give it another go here soon.

UPDATE!

I went back the the latest WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30
First flight was pretty good
self adaptive landing gear was working this time.
altitude was still drifting not bad though.
battery seemed kind of weird I started with like 80% and the cell voltages were 3.69 each is this right?
also max throttle seemed less in GPS, and atti mode, way less could this be my battery? I cycle them all the time

Last edited:
I blew air inside the ultrasonic systems and think something may have came out like grass or something not 100% sure Its working fine on this WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00

I may give it another go here soon.
Clancey,

It really sounds like the issues you had were not related to a firmware update. Something blocking the ultrasonic could make it think it is on the ground rather than in the air.

The new update 1.9.1.30 seems to be very stable and the issues I have seen reported are like your. i.e. not related to the firmware.

After updating be sure to do a IMU calibration and compass calibration. I would also suggest doing one flight near you and not too high, just to make sure that your systems are all working properly now. Do not get any further away than where an immediate landing can be done if something goes wrong. Use a fully charged battery and take it down to 30%. This will allow all electronics to get up to normal operating temperatures. Make sure all control inputs are working properly and you do not loose GPS lock. Shoot some video, take some photos, make sure camera is responding and working correctly. Move gimbal up and down, left and right. If you find any thing abnormal at any point, land and re-evaluate rather than continuing flight.

This extra precautions is not so much for the firmware update but due to the previous problems you have experienced which is probably hardware, not firmware.

With a successful flight as I describe you will have a good assessment of the condition of your UAS and will be able to move forward with some confidence.

Version 1.9.1.30 has some updates to the VPS that I assume are not in 1.8 and is one of the reasons you should upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lifeisart