Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 new propulsion system with 420KV motors and new prop mounting/locking mechanism

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a problem with DJI constantly updating the Inspire. This sort of product iteration is completely normal and I for one don't feel I'm "owed" anything. To put it in perspective, if you purchased a 2014 Ford Mustang, as an example, only to find the 2015 model comes out with 10 more horsepower and LED headlights, do you expect Ford to upgrade your 2014 Mustang for free? Do you complain that Ford doesn't give a crap about its customers? Or how about computer manufacturers? Would you expect Intel to send you a free new CPU every time they bump up the speed?

Some time ago we all purchased an Inspire 1 and got exactly that, a current Inspire 1 at that time. Just because DJI is now updating some components doesn't mean we're entitled to those new updates for free.

Very well said. I come to these forums on a daily basis, many, 5-6 times a day and mostly all I read is nothing more than bitches, gripes and complaints about something DJI did or did not do. Now I'm not necessarily saying they are right or wrong

I guess the new prop lock system is safer in some way why would they change it otherwise, so will we be able to purchase the new prop lock system and mount it on our V1 Inspire 1 ?

I guess the new prop lock system is safer in some way why would they change it otherwise, so will we be able to purchase the new prop lock system and mount it on our V1 Inspire 1 ?
I think there was report of the problems with the current quick release mechanism where the mount on the motor is metal but the prop hub is plastic and wears out prematurely. I did not have this problem but I do not fly a lot either. Judging by the picture, the new mounting on the motor is now plastic. My speculation...

It's been a year now since the inspire was first seen. They update like apple, so if you buy straight away you get 12 months use before the new model comes out. If you buy 10months after launch then you can expect a new model to come out very soon. They should do a kit, 4 new motors, plus upgrade gimbal mount. Just a thought Dji!

Is it really new?

Is there a way to determine which version an Inspire has and how much KV ?

I noticed that from the DJI picture the motor is in use for months already at least at Inspire version D. I also have this "new" motor from the picture and it has 2 holes on the top (not 4 like the older motors) BUT that doesnt say anything of KV.

Is it really new?

Is there a way to determine which version an Inspire has and how much KV ?

I noticed that from the DJI picture the motor is in use for months already at least at Inspire version D. I also have this "new" motor from the picture and it has 2 holes on the top (not 4 like the older motors) BUT that doesnt say anything of KV.

Version D does not have these new motors. Version D has been in production since the spring of this year and these motors were just released this month. I think the number of holes varied between version a, b, c, and d.

I have both...and I will tell you to me...the new system definitely flies smoother!!!!!
I wonder what the difference is between the Inspire 1 Pro and Inspire 1 V2.0 motors...the tech specs on the product page lists the Pro as model 3510 and the V2.0 as model 3510H

Version D does not have these new motors. Version D has been in production since the spring of this year and these motors were just released this month. I think the number of holes varied between version a, b, c, and d.

Thats possible but at least the late version D motors look exactly like the "new" motor on the DJi picture and not like the old.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a problem with DJI constantly updating the Inspire. This sort of product iteration is completely normal and I for one don't feel I'm "owed" anything. To put it in perspective, if you purchased a 2014 Ford Mustang, as an example, only to find the 2015 model comes out with 10 more horsepower and LED headlights, do you expect Ford to upgrade your 2014 Mustang for free? Do you complain that Ford doesn't give a crap about its customers? Or how about computer manufacturers? Would you expect Intel to send you a free new CPU every time they bump up the speed?

Some time ago we all purchased an Inspire 1 and got exactly that, a current Inspire 1 at that time. Just because DJI is now updating some components doesn't mean we're entitled to those new updates for free.

I agree on all but one thing - as the end of 2014 drew near, people knew that 2015 wasn't far away and they could choose not to buy a 2014 model knowing that 2015 was coming, or they could get great prices on a runout sale on 2014's.
This is never an option for people buying most other electronic goods, including drones.

We can TRY to predict the next model, but it's a gamble ... do I buy that iPhone X or wait and see if the iPhone Y comes out soon?
Do I buy my Inspire 1 now, or see if the Inspire 2 comes out (or the 1.1, or 1.2, or 1.whatever)

But not even iPhone buyers expect to get the next model's features for free on their old models. Only some DJI customers seem to want the new for nothing on their old ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gary E and JayBurd
Exactly. Some folks here enjoy trashing DJI for no apparent logic or common sense. It is as if nothing DJI ever does can please them. Enough trash talk, it is getting very old and tiring.

Reactions: Auspete
I'm not completely opposed to the idea of these motors...although, in theory I think they are geared towards the x5 crowd to keep their inspire v1s feeling "peppy" with the heavier payload, even though I agree with @The Editor there isn't enough info yet, to me the higher kv rating means they are trying to spin that 13in prop a bit faster, no? And I for one, was gonna do the gimbal mount solution anyway...I like it a bit better than the original. And call me a sucker but I like a drone in high heels...the extra clearance wouldn't be hated on.

Side note for those complaining...DJI motors are relatively inexpensive compared to others, ie a set of e800 motors (just motors) are like $150...I really can't imagine that these will be that expensive. Remember there are owners willing to pay $200 just to be able to mount $150 props on their Inspires...soooo

I may just upgrade mine to a 2.0

I wonder what the difference is between the Inspire 1 Pro and Inspire 1 V2.0 motors...the tech specs on the product page lists the Pro as model 3510 and the V2.0 as model 3510H
The pro tech specs haven't been updated. Notice it also lists the x3 camera specs not the x5 etc

It's not just you Signa - I'm in your corner too

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of these motors...although, in theory I think they are geared towards the x5 crowd to keep their inspire v1s feeling "peppy" with the heavier payload, even though I agree with @The Editor there isn't enough info yet, to me the higher kv rating means they are trying to spin that 13in prop a bit faster, no? And I for one, was gonna do the gimbal mount solution anyway...I like it a bit better than the original. And call me a sucker but I like a drone in high heels...the extra clearance wouldn't be hated on.

Side note for those complaining...DJI motors are relatively inexpensive compared to others, ie a set of e800 motors (just motors) are like $150...I really can't imagine that these will be that expensive. Remember there are owners willing to pay $200 just to be able to mount $150 props on their Inspires...soooo

I may just upgrade mine to a 2.0
Hi Skylab,

I think the cost is pretty immaterial when it comes to this, FACT they won't be a DIY kit. They will demand you return the I1, this will then take an eternity.

I agree to improving a product, what I disagree too is the added cost. I work for a health tech business in Rome and we are constantly improving models but as part of the evolution. If we slapped a V2.0 on the name and started charging more business wouldn't last.

Reactions: Outta Control

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont