Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 newbie

Reaction score
Just a quick question about my new inspire. I know this can be done with the remote but at what height does the landing gear raise automatically and once your airborne when does it lower automatically.

Sent from my XT1585 using InspirePilots mobile app

Auto raising is ok and convenient. But auto lowering not. It doesn't always lower at the same height. Sometimes only inches above the ground. Also, with the Inspire1, lowering the gear makes the barometer read a different pressure, causing the Inspire to drop another 3 feet. Raising causes it to rise 3 feet (which is seldom a problem since you're taking off and ascending anyway.
Flying low, the gear could come down unexpectedly, lowering the altitude unintentionally, which can cause your bird to catch tall grass or weeds with the gear, causing it to crash.

I always have auto gear turned off. Except for the occasional testing to see if everything still works.
Besides, I enjoy to determine when and how. Having a retractible gear is an extra feature you can control and decide about. Automating everything is taking fun away, at least for me.

Several users lost their Inspire1 or crashed the camera because they descended all the way to the ground, while the gear wouldn't go down. "but it should have come down, it says so on the side of the box....".

The landing gear does come down but I never rely on it, my camera costs to much to plant in the ground. I always pause and lower the gear when I'm 2-3 feet off the ground

Never used it (Same as I have never used auto take off or landing).
Both totally pointless IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters