Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Optical VPS bug or hardware error

Reaction score
Hello

Some times, when turn on the aircraft, in good light conditions and in a pattern surface, the optical system of the VPS not works, the app sow ATTI mode but the sonar works well. To solve this problem I restart the aircraft, and the problem disappears, and the P-Opti works well. I do not know if this issue Is from a firmware bug or hardware problem. This problem or bug appears ramdomly when turn on the aircraft.

Is a firmware bug or hardware problem?

NOTE: The foil over the GPS antenna is to block the GPS signal, to activate the optical VPS because the VPS only is active when you lost the GPS signal and the RC is in mode P.

Video of the problem:

All firmware is up to date

Firmware versions:

App: Version 2.7.1
Aircraft: Version 1.6.00.40
RC: Version 1.5.80
Camera: Version 1.7.00.90

Thanks in advance

I have managed to reproduce the problem in my Inspire 1 V2.0

To reproduce this issue or bug first connect your RC and app and your Inspire 1. Exit from travel mode, turn off the aircraft to place your camera. Turn ON the aircraft and check it that all is correct. If you not have GPS signal the Inspire 1 automatically activates the optical VPS and you can see in the app Mode: P-Opti with two green flashes in the rear light status of the craft.

Now, you can reproduce the problem if you press the preview button in the RC. Immediately a message appears on the application DJI GO indicating that the craft are in ATTI mode. The app indicates Mode: ATTI and the light of the rear craft are a a yellow pulse.

You can see this firmware or hardware bug in this video.
Best regards

And...................what happens when you take off?
In other words, use the VPS for what's its intended instead of it sitting on a table.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool