Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Parachute system

......or if you fly commercially in France where it is a DGAC requirement.

I have no experience of this 'Lite' version but I use their Mars 58 V2 on my Inspire 1 Pro to meet these DGAC requirements. Never had to use it but Mars parachutes are a market leader and is good kit....but pricey!

......or if you fly commercially in France where it is a DGAC requirement.

I have no experience of this 'Lite' version but I use their Mars 58 V2 on my Inspire 1 Pro to meet these DGAC requirements. Never had to use it but Mars parachutes are a market leader and is good kit....but pricey!
Do not buy it! I do not recommend the Mars 58 watch my You Tube video and see how it causes stress cracks to the Inspire air frame.

It appears the Mars 58 was "over engineered" and not tested adequately. The force required to reload the chute in the tube is what causes the problems, you should be able to repack the chute without it damaging the aircraft. It seems like a good idea to have a forced ejection of the chute, this is how ballistic recovery systems work on ultralights. However, it is not necessary for drones, a chute will deploy by itself without an ejection system, it just takes a little more altitude to deploy. Mars has another parachute system for the Inspire 1, the Mars inspire 1 Lite, which does away with the problematic spring loaded ejection tube, the chute is just folded up underneath the aircraft. This design reduces the weight of the system to 127g, which is the lightest of any of the Inspire parachute systems. Weight is the enemy in drones, just like in other aircraft, it reduces flight time. I'm thinking of getting the "Lite" chute. Has anyone tried it?
MARS Inspire 1 Lite - Mars Parachutes

After 3 years of flying and pondering I decided to order a Lite parachute for my I1P, it's on its way. Unfortunately, There no way of "trying it" until the day the feces hit the rotating blade.:eek: Drones do fall from the sky, my P3P had a motor just conk out and dropped like a rock.

Here's a couple of pics of the MARS Inspire 1 Lite system. I pondered this long and hard (my I1P is 3 years old). Will it deploy? Hope so. Other than static testing via the buttons on the MAYDAY unit or dropping the I1P from the sky, no way to answer that. Yes the camera will take a hit but I am more concerned about people, not machine. No, I don't intentionally fly over humans but....:confused:

Chutes for drones are like Chevy v. Ford, everyone feels strongly about one or the other....

Here's a couple of pics of the MARS Inspire 1 Lite system. I pondered this long and hard (my I1P is 3 years old). Will it deploy? Hope so. Other than static testing via the buttons on the MAYDAY unit or dropping the I1P from the sky, no way to answer that. Yes the camera will take a hit but I am more concerned about people, not machine. No, I don't intentionally fly over humans but....:confused:

Chutes for drones are like Chevy v. Ford, everyone feels strongly about one or the other....
Where are the pics?

Do not buy it! I do not recommend the Mars 58 watch my You Tube video and see how it causes stress cracks to the Inspire air frame.
Holy Crap $638?! Spring, chute, plastic tube, an a electrical wiggy wig... they are making a killing off this! An if this does fall from the sky their goes the camera anyway (I believe) and you'll have a mangled mess to pack in the car. NICE!

I had a parachute once, maybe 10 years old. That sucker was on a rocket I built thinking it was going into space. (At 10 it's probably true)
anyway where was I ~ oH yea, As my dad took that beauty out of the car I marveled at the paint shine, ROCKET RED, it was a beauty! Slid that baby down on the launch guide while sipping my sippy cup, hands sweating (could have been from the milk) anticipation was mounting... 3 - 2 - 1, ZOOM .... the smoke, the sound of 300 matches firing at the same time, God the feeling!!!! I thought I was an NASA Astronaut!!!
As we looked into the sky expecting the blast capsule bring that marveled looking rocket back to earth safely, I herd those bad words from Dads mouth "OH-Sh t" (Personally I thought he stepped in something) as I looked up with my head cocked sideways I thought my rocket was out of balance, it looked really funny. As we watched this marvel of machinery plummeting back to earth, my life on 10 years flashed through my mind - the all of a sudden WHAM! Clouds of dust - rocks flying like shrapnel - parts flying everywhere - pieces of Rocket Red all over the place! I was devastated! Dam parachute! Never again!

Moral of the story, don't bring your kids to watch your flying machine with a somewhat trusted parachute, it may surprise you!
And, watch out for dog poo

Where are the pics?
If I were a betting man, the location and lack of ejection device to get it away from arms and props leads me to bet it may tangle before it opens.
Hopefully I'll never need it. If I do I''l let you know;)

Attachments

• IMG-0908.JPG
    IMG-0908.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG-0909.JPG
    IMG-0909.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG-0910.JPG
    IMG-0910.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
If I were a betting man, the location and lack of ejection device to get it away from arms and props leads me to bet it may tangle before it opens.
Hopefully I'll never need it. If I do I''l let you know;)

My previous pics show the MAYDAY unit installed in the wrong position/axis. My mistake.

upload_2018-6-7_11-29-38.png

upload_2018-6-7_11-35-6.png

MARS showed me how to test the unit's release on the I1.

Testing is quite simple, although is not included in the instructions:
From MARS:

1. Calibrate your Mayday on the X axis
2. Hold out you hand while the Mayday is on its Y axis
3. Rotate you whole body or spin in a chair 3 times

Or better yet just run a small rope or cable under the Inspire's top cover, lift and spin in midair, the chute trigger will release.

Attachments

• MAYDAY CORRECT MOUNTING.JPG
    MAYDAY CORRECT MOUNTING.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 19
  • upload_2018-6-7_11-31-40.png
    upload_2018-6-7_11-31-40.png
    403.4 KB · Views: 17

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members