Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition - Brand New & Drifting left and right bad!?

Reaction score
Just bought a new Inspire 1 Pro. Before even flying it i did a firmware upgrade on it to get it to the latest version, actually i spoke to DJI and they pretty much insisted i do it so being new with the Inspire i figured i would listen to them. I upgraded to 1.9.1.30. The RC also did a firmware update as well.

The drone takes off, it takes video, seems to do MOST things fine, landing gear works etc... the biggest issue i am having is when i try to hover, say 5 foot off the ground, maybe 10 foot, its drifting about 3-5 ft to the right or to the left. I dont have anything to compare this firmware to since i never used it before the upgrade but just wondering if any others are having these strange drifting issues. It looks like i can roll the firmware back to 1.8 if need be but im not sure what to do.

Also, i have the stock TB47 battery and i get maybe 14 minutes of flighttime on a full charge and the DJI GO app is killing my iPad's battery, brand new iPad mini 4 with Verizon. I have 2 P4's with iPad mini's and Verizon and they have never run out of battery, usually last a week or more. I dunno.

Thoughts?

Just bought a new Inspire 1 Pro. Before even flying it i did a firmware upgrade on it to get it to the latest version, actually i spoke to DJI and they pretty much insisted i do it so being new with the Inspire i figured i would listen to them. I upgraded to 1.9.1.30. The RC also did a firmware update as well.

The drone takes off, it takes video, seems to do MOST things fine, landing gear works etc... the biggest issue i am having is when i try to hover, say 5 foot off the ground, maybe 10 foot, its drifting about 3-5 ft to the right or to the left. I dont have anything to compare this firmware to since i never used it before the upgrade but just wondering if any others are having these strange drifting issues. It looks like i can roll the firmware back to 1.8 if need be but im not sure what to do.

Also, i have the stock TB47 battery and i get maybe 14 minutes of flighttime on a full charge and the DJI GO app is killing my iPad's battery, brand new iPad mini 4 with Verizon. I have 2 P4's with iPad mini's and Verizon and they have never run out of battery, usually last a week or more. I dunno.

Thoughts?
Do a cold IMU calibration and DO NOT COMPASS CALIBRATE before every flight! (Lots on that on this forum).

Also always check your mod values before every single take off.

Reactions: Tommy Bayshore
Do a cold IMU calibration and DO NOT COMPASS CALIBRATE before every flight! (Lots on that on this forum).

Also always check your mod values before every single take off.
I’m having the same issues with my inspire one pro black. Did you ever figure out a resolution for this problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth