Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro Black Travel Mode and Adaptive Landing Gear Issue

Reaction score
To preface this, I've owned every iteration of DJI product (Phantom, Phantom 2, P2V+, Inspire 1 rev. D, P3 Pro, and just last week acquired an Inspire 1 Pro Black). I've had very few problems with the original Inspire 1 rev. D, but test flying the new Inspire 1 Pro Black I've run into some problems:
1. Adaptive Landing Gear fails to lower during flight (on first approach back to landing height).
2. Inspire 1 Pro Black REFUSES to enter travel mode (I've tried all manner of surface from the I1 case itself to granite counter tops, glass tables, brightly lit wood floors, concrete....), either through the App or with the switch flicking on RC. When I try to engage travel mode with the gimbal either on or off it transforms to "gear up" mode. (My workaround right now is pulling the battery when it gets close to what I eyeball as "travel mode").

I've attached a video illustrating part 2 of my issues

I've brought this to the attention of the DJI team 3 days ago, and they have yet to respond to me - hence my coming to the forums for answers.

Does anyone have any idea what's up here?

-DoubleHorn

Reactions: CopterBob
Try calibrating the IMU with your bird on a flat, not curved, surface...like a flat travel case or sidewalk.

Then, give the travel mode a try.

That's all I can think of.
I've tried this, as well as downgrading firmware and re-upgrading... no change in this behavior.

To preface this, I've owned every iteration of DJI product (Phantom, Phantom 2, P2V+, Inspire 1 rev. D, P3 Pro, and just last week acquired an Inspire 1 Pro Black). I've had very few problems with the original Inspire 1 rev. D, but test flying the new Inspire 1 Pro Black I've run into some problems:
1. Adaptive Landing Gear fails to lower during flight (on first approach back to landing height).
2. Inspire 1 Pro Black REFUSES to enter travel mode (I've tried all manner of surface from the I1 case itself to granite counter tops, glass tables, brightly lit wood floors, concrete....), either through the App or with the switch flicking on RC. When I try to engage travel mode with the gimbal either on or off it transforms to "gear up" mode. (My workaround right now is pulling the battery when it gets close to what I eyeball as "travel mode").

I've brought this to the attention of the DJI team 3 days ago, and they have yet to respond to me - hence my coming to the forums for answers.

-DoubleHorn
Assuming you have tried it on different surfaces (it doesn't really work on carpet since the ultrasonic pulses are absorbed) then you likely have a faulty VPS module or connecting ribbon cable.
Easy enough to replace and inexpensive.
https://www.urbantoys.com.au/product/dji-inspire-1-spare-part-39-vision-positioning-module-vps/

Ok, I finally located the issue! Here's some photos of the VPS with one of the ultrasonic sensor's "cones" loose and rattling about... Hence my problem.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions!

First is VPS turned on in app?
Second to use RC to go into travel mode you are doing only 3 up and down flicks of RC receiver two different times, on the second one you end with gear in up position. Try doing 4 up and down only ending with gear switch at up position.

First is VPS turned on in app?
Second to use RC to go into travel mode you are doing only 3 up and down flicks of RC receiver two different times, on the second one you end with gear in up position. Try doing 4 up and down only ending with gear switch at up position.
Issue solved, faulty VPS. See pictures in above post.

They've agreed to replace the whole bird as it was within their 15-day return period.

Next step is trying to recoup the money I spent on the expedited shipping for a faulty product. I have a feeling this will be a more difficult endeavor...

-DoubleHorn
Me too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido