Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 pro decided to fall out of sky --- brand new tb48 battery on second use

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJW

Reaction score
was trying to change aperature settings and it wouldnt respond. So i started descent and all of a sudden it just fell out of the sky from about 375 ft up. Was wild seeing 5k explode on concrete.

Attachments

• 20160105171900.jpg
    20160105171900.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 347
@Jason Boucher yeah that was some slow motion shock. I couldnt believe it. I was like maybe,,,,I can catch it...lmao. Gravity owned that DJI bird

Did you have any battery errors before take off or at all during the batteries short history? I have a couple of weird batteries that I just bought brand new throwing cell errors and the like and have not used them and I have not gotten to the bottom of the issue.

@DroneTechAerial no battery errors of any sort. I literally ordered that battery from DJI and got it just last friday. It worked perfect until it didnt....How do i check the logs...I m very curious

I am not sure because I have not needed to but there should be data recorded to the SD card in the camera. I believe there is also an internal sd card on the inspire but I have no knowledge of its location.

I am not sure because I have not needed to but there should be data recorded to the SD card in the camera. I believe there is also an internal sd card on the inspire but I have no knowledge of its location.

There is no data recorded on the SD card in the camera, however there is flight data recorded to the internal memory of the drone, The only way to access it is by using the Micro USB port on the back of the drone and using the Flight Data Mode in the App.

The data is unreadable, but there is a website online you can use to decript the data to a usable format.

There is no data recorded on the SD card in the camera, however there is flight data recorded to the internal memory of the drone, The only way to access it is by using the Micro USB port on the back of the drone and using the Flight Data Mode in the App.

The data is unreadable, but there is a website online you can use to decript the data to a usable format.
I am pretty sure there is data stored on the camera SD card in a hidden folder that contains data. I am not sure if the data is relevant/intelligible or can be parsed directly.Guaranteed there is an internal micro SD on the inspire somewhere that DJI can extract and review for cases where the aircraft cannot be turned back on due to damage, the P3 has a slot and card...

Try this for some more info on parsing the data and using Itunes to somehow extract data from DJI GO APP. People are trying to come up with parsing programs and ways to read it. You will have to look around. Otherwise send you will have to send it in to be read by DJI. Search around for newer threads.
DJI Forum|Inspire 1 Flight Data Logs

However be warned about sending data into DJI. I suggest you obtain your own copy of the data before sending it in. I just finished a case with DJI where the lead tech for DJI US told me that I had a battery failure in flight on my large cinema rig causing it to crash. I informed him that I looked at the telemetry myself and told him that it was obvious my flight battery was fine and the PMU or FC had failed in flight and I had the data to prove it since the bus voltage dropped to 0v a few seconds before flipping over and into the ground. They sent my data back to China and concluded I was indeed correct and replaced their equipment for free but nothing else of course. So hold onto it to defend yourself or at least know what the cause of the issue was.

Also you said that you had the footage so make an upload of the footage to youtube for us to view and see if we can find anything.

Last but not least, how cold was it outside? What firmware were you running?

FYI....my fault it fell from the sky. Combination Stick Command - DJI Wiki

i dont understand why that would even be an option to kill your motor during flight but it is and I inadvertantly did so. That seems foolish to have that feature enables when landing gear is raised.

But heed my warning never place your thumb controllers like that in midflight or bye bye 5k

Attachments

• 20160105200752.jpg
    20160105200752.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 214
no worries....a good measure of a man is how quick you get back up after a a minor setback. Already got some **** to trade and get back in the game.

Reactions: Phatzo
i dont understand why that would even be an option to kill your motor during flight but it is and I inadvertantly did so. That seems foolish to have that feature enables when landing gear is raised.

There are several threads about this on the forum, actually; a search for CSC or 'engine shutoff' should turn them up.

The short form, though, is that the CSC is very useful if your bird goes rogue. Far better to cut the engines and ditch (in the water, in a field, whatever) rather than having it keep going into a crowd. Or if it's already about to hit a crowd, better to have the motors off to minimize potential injury.

Reactions: Supercaliber
Full sympathy to AJW. A sad end to a flying exercise. And thanks also for sharing the experience.

I crashed my Phantom 2 by killing the engines using CSC by mistake. I was trying to get it to both come back to me and go down at the same time. Smashed the gimbal, cracked the casing on the GoPro and damaged the outer casing on the craft itself. Felt like a bit of a fool and I certainly would never repeat this mistake with my Inspire1 / X5 combo so in that respect it was a useful lesson on a less expensive bit of kit.

I think I basically underestimated the skills involved in flying these semi-autonomous machines in 3D space and the consequences of making even a minor mistake. I learnt the hard way on several occasions with my Phantom, the slow drift into a tree or miscalculating the position when descending at a distance.

The result is that at the moment I am probably over cautious, especially since adding the X5 camera to the Inspire1.

Reactions: 3pa4ok
Really quick, maybe you all do this for fun or for work, but an insurance policy would not be a bad thing to consider. I think I pay about $350 a year for hull liability on my inspire 1 pro. But liability runs about $1200 for $1million in coverage. Also there are consumer grade policies for a few hundred dollars that may have helped you out. Think about it for future purchases. Good luck and way to take it in stride.

But heed my warning never place your thumb controllers like that in midflight or bye bye 5k

Feel sorry for your loss, and I really appreciate your honesty, it's not so often when a drone pilot admits a pilot error. Hope you'll be back in the air soon, good luck !

Thanks for the replies everyone. I really do feel your words of empathy. Insurance is definitely a good idea. and I'll be back soon enough to buy the x5r. In the meantime i ll pick up an x3 version. Peace !

My friend, IMHO it was not your fault that your Inspire crashed ... it was the absolutely predictable result of bad design and planning and unsafe operational practice by DJI.
It is beyond belief that under the guise of " being able to shut the rotors off deliberately in case of a malfunction" an operator can inadvertently cause a crash..... its a matter of time before an inspire comes crashing down and seriously or fatally injures a person purely because a pilot inadvertently induces a CSC command. I would sue DJI for the value of you Inspire.

Reactions: Djalma Ribeiro
My friend, IMHO it was not your fault that your Inspire crashed ... it was the absolutely predictable result of bad design and planning and unsafe operational practice by DJI.
It is beyond belief that under the guise of " being able to shut the rotors off deliberately in case of a malfunction" an operator can inadvertently cause a crash..... its a matter of time before an inspire comes crashing down and seriously or fatally injures a person purely because a pilot inadvertently induces a CSC command. I would sue DJI for the value of you Inspire.

I agree its a bad desing althought very difficult to execute.

I believe the solution should be an arm/disarm button for the motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret