Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 pro firmware update sequence

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I purchased a new I1 pro on April... my firmware version now (on the general info) is 1.2.1

I think it's time to update the firmware... is it possible to update directly to v1.8.1.00?

I'm pretty scared every time I make some update....

Hi guys,
I purchased a new I1 pro on April... my firmware version now (on the general info) is 1.2.1

I think it's time to update the firmware... is it possible to update directly to v1.8.1.40?

I'm pretty scared every time I make some update....

Hi Luca
You should not be worried. The process is fairly simple and well documented. The fact that your NEW I1 pro is on FW 1.2.1 is strange because things have moved on from there. I suggest you update to 1.4.0.70 first and then 1.8.1.40. Above all do not update your RC firmware via your App before you have the aircraft fully up to date.
  1. Download the 2 available firmware from the DJI I1 Pro Download page.
  2. Starting with 1.4.0.70, unzip the file and copy the .bin file onto the root (top level) directory of your MicroSD card.
  3. Insert MicroSD card into X5 camera and power up. Do not switch on your RC.
  4. After 30 secs the DDDD upgrade tone will sound.
  5. Wait 5-10 minutes until the tone D-DD indicates the completion. Do not switch off the aircraft during this process.
  6. Remove MicroSD card and check .txt file on card to confirm a successful update.
  7. Delete the .bin and .txt files from MicroSD card.
  8. Repeat steps 2-7 for 1.8.1.40.
  9. Power up aircraft and RC.
  10. Calibrate the IMU and compass.
  11. Carry out a test of camera and aircraft.
  12. If App indicates an update to the RC, then you can now do it through the app. Remember to recalibrate your RC sticks after update (with aircraft powered off).
Enjoy flying your I1Pro.

Thank you,
I followed a similar process after chatting with DJI. All went good... after 2 FW updates in a row.
The only problem is with my slave RC that is totally bricked now.... it does not connect to anything, it's not possible to update or downgrade... it's basically dead.
Also before the update it was occasionally failing to connect (the infamous grey button on the app) but after the fw update this behavior is constant.
The guy at DJI told me to send email to support in order to proceed with replacement... still waiting for a reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44