Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro max distance

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Inspire 1 Pro X5. I downloaded the latest firmware 1.9 before I sent it up. I set the max elevation at 120 meters, enabled max distance switch and set max distance for 1000 meters. As soon as I sent it up and flew it to max elevation it stops at 120 meters. When I fly it out to max distance and it stops at 500 meters ( about 1637 ft.). When I scroll to elevation and distance page it has reset to 500 meters. I've tried to set it to 1000 meters but keeps resetting to 500. Does the 1.9 firmware cause this issue? Please help. Thanks.

If you're in the UK, the max distance is 500m by CAA regulation and you must maintain VLOS

No, I live in the good old USA. I live in the west and could use a little more distance. 500 meters is well within sight.

I recently purchased an Inspire 1 Pro X5. I downloaded the latest firmware 1.9 before I sent it up. I set the max elevation at 120 meters, enabled max distance switch and set max distance for 1000 meters. As soon as I sent it up and flew it to max elevation it stops at 120 meters. When I fly it out to max distance and it stops at 500 meters ( about 1637 ft.). When I scroll to elevation and distance page it has reset to 500 meters. I've tried to set it to 1000 meters but keeps resetting to 500. Does the 1.9 firmware cause this issue? Please help. Thanks.

Why have a distance limit at all then? Just turn it off if you don't like its restrictions

No, I live in the good old USA. I live in the west and could use a little more distance. 500 meters is well within sight.

Really? You realize that's about 5 football fields away? Sure you can see a dot on the sky but you can't tell what direction it's facing.

The point of VLOS is so that if your video feed goes out you can safely control it. Of course there's RTH but that doesn't always work either. FAA is OK with automated controls as long as a pilot in command can take back control in an instant.

Having said that I think there are special situations like flying over the ocean heading outward, or if there is verify ably no one else within 10 miles of you, that you should be able to fly BVLOS without a coa. If someone is stupid enough to do that, so be it.

also try not to update you're app past 2.8.4 it messes with the image transmission and you might get a messy picture on your screen after 1.5 km. just a tip for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret