Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro - Parachute Pondering

Reaction score
All,

New here and just getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Inspire 1. However, the cost is pushing me to also install a parachute system. I know it is not a complete save all but figured it may help prevent a total loss if something went wrong.

I found one produced by MARS (Mars 58) but am hoping someone has some experience with how you would operate the 2 way switched servo to deploy?

It also seems from the MARS site, some type of automatic deployment system could be used as well but the product they recommend (MayDay Auto Deployment System) does not even seem to be available or exist in production yet.

I was hoping for some suggestions, thank you!

Jason

Hello, I'm checking with my local provider (Chile) an Opale parachutes for my inspire 1 vanilla, also needing a deploy system or the use of the mayday system (according to my provider is in production and he bought ten and probably will receive them mid november).
Is cheaper than the mars solution AFAIK. I'm sorry, I don't know any more details. There are a coulple of old threads around here on the matter.

Reactions: Coufalj
Hello, I'm checking with my local provider (Chile) an Opale parachutes for my inspire 1 vanilla, also needing a deploy system or the use of the mayday system (according to my provider is in production and he bought ten and probably will receive them mid november).
Is cheaper than the mars solution AFAIK. I'm sorry, I don't know any more details. There are a coulple of old threads around here on the matter.

Thank you very much for replying. Set on this MARS system at the moment, just don't see how it integrates. VM into MARS so hopefully have more info tomorrow. MARS looks like a US startup so I will go here if at all possible.

Do you have a contact by chance for the MayDay system?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for replying. Set on this MARS system at the moment, just don't see how it integrates. VM into MARS so hopefully have more info tomorrow. MARS looks like a US startup so I will go here if at all possible.
This is their Kickstarter page for MayDay. If this link doesn't take you to the contact page just click on the project creators name under his picture on the right hand side and you'll get some contact options Mayday - The Future of Autonomous Drone Safety! by Kyle O'Rourke — Kickstarter

Thanks for the info. I did find the Kickstarter page and will try to get in touch with someone.

Reactions: AndrewH
I was hoping for some suggestions, thank you!
take a look at my post here, there's cheaper parachute system and the main advantage is separate rc with separate channel, which allows to stop props and eject the parachute with one button. And yes it still may be activated with free channel on the receiver (are there any in Inspire?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lifeisart