Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Inspire 1 Proper Maintenance Question

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Kevin Cabral, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Kevin Cabral

I'm a new owner of the inspire 1. Love the machine! However, I hear it needs maintenance. Especially on the main center screw where the landing gear goes up and down. I see DJI applied some sort of lube or grease. What is a safe lube to use on this center screw?

One last thing. I'm wondering what is a safe surface for the inspire when going in travel mode? I'm worried of stressing out the motor when it enters travel mode. This is the table I used an hour ago when it went in travel mode. If the inspire detects a rough texture where the legs can't slide outwards when travel mode is engaged, will it refuse it at all? I would assume rough texture not allowing the legs to slide would cause stress on the motor?

I apologize if I'm asking to many questions. I'm just worried and would like to care for the machine so it lasts long.

Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

2. Talon Six

Lynn Phan posted a good article here on what types of lube to use. For going in and out of travel mode, just make sure you are using a smooth surface like a tabletop and you will be fine.

That being said there are a number of very good landing mode cases out there. I have the Inspak and love it.

Kevin Cabral likes this.
  3. Kevin Cabral

Has everyone followed this article at all? I may consider buying the lube for when I need to apply it.

4. Talon Six

Yes me, and it works. Well.

Kevin Cabral likes this.
  5. Kevin Cabral

I'll pick up the tri flow. If I can't get one locally, I'll get the dry fluid gear grease