Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 - Quality of Camera?

Good advice...I guess I don't undersand why no one doing intial reviews (Including Philip Bloom - who is supposed to be a reputable DP) is not really discussing the actual quality of this camera...it would only take a minute or so to give us their impresssion of this camera. Why are we buying this thing?- because it looks cool and flys around very well? No, we want to make good pictures with it...at least, that's what I want if for. I digress...I guess I am frustrated with the initial reviews by the "experts"...they really gloss over the what this camera does...yes, it detaches...great....what about the imagery it creates?
+1

I totally get this...but DJI put this camera out there in the hands of people who do this for a living..."experts"...none of them talked about the quality of the camera with any real information that would help us make an informed decision. All I'm asking is for someone who is supposed to be evaluating this unit...to give an infomed, intelligent description about the quality of the camera.
I agree, Mike. This is frustrating, and it is critical information to know. For me also, it would have to be at the very least just as good as the GoPro, or it's not worth it to me. I am personally looking at whether to go with a Inspire or go to the next level up with the Spreading Wings 900 base and going from there.

I have not gotten inspire yet. but I've seen pictures of fullbitrate files and compared with gopro. Inspire1 have larger sensor one gopro. I work a lot with video and see what you are talking about. GoPro is unable to write 4k files in Narrow mode the processor is too weak. GoPro cropper film in 1080p therefore inferior video quality in narrow than if you were filming in 1080p wide.
Good guess, but there is theory, and then there is reality. I suppose we all just need to wait and see, especially at that price point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont