Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 quick release props

Man I'm jealous of you guys! I'm using a DuBro balancer, and an EJH rod (I have S series props) and found almost all of my hubs were a touch out of balance. I want to say all of the blades were good however. I started playing with UAS in the early days of Arducopter, and let me tell you how nice these DJI props are to balance compared to the APC Slow-flys!
Well, lets call them 'already balanced enough'. I'm sure, with a good balancer you will always find something, no matter how little. But to me, original DJI props are 'balanced enough'.

Not that I'm against balancing, not at all. The first and last non DJI (CF) props I bought were really horrible and took some work to get somewhat balanced. I threw them away. Bye bye 30 bucks excluding shipping. And no more work for the balancer. If I would notice one prop is not balanced I would throw it away and replace it. 9$ the pair, not a big problem.

So I just got my inspire 1 Model D the with the quick release prop locks. Today I was messing around with the inspire and the rear props will pop off if you turn them the other way. I fixed one side but the other side still will come off without pressing down on the prop first. It looks like if I pull the prop up a bit then it locks into place but as soon as I let go it will be able to spin off again. It flys fine but with the dynamic braking I don't want to risk it. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

I tried a different prop as well,still no joy.
As part of my prop installation during preflight, I actually do a prop lock pull test to ensure the locks are properly seated in the motor head slots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Questglt