Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 RAW video modes.

Reaction score
I have just received my inspire 1 raw, it's a serious bit of kit and flies great. I purchased the RAW over the pro with the thought that in future when i'm trying to get work with it I can offer 4k dng footage if needed. I therefore just assumed that there would be several options in the video format section of the DJI go app to record 4k dig & 4k mp4, I can only find an option for 4k dng is there an mp4 option or do I have to post process all 4k footage I get?

Righto that's a bit annoying, I know it's not wise to assume but you'd think it would be able to do 4k mp4 like the pro can.
Thanks for the info.

Righto that's a bit annoying, I know it's not wise to assume but you'd think it would be able to do 4k mp4 like the pro can.
Thanks for the info.

The X5r is shooting 24 dng's per second, same way that the Canon 5D's started off doing. the drawback is that you have to prost process it to put it in a video wrapper. The advantage is no compression algorithm is applied and a much better image.

I have just received my inspire 1 raw, it's a serious bit of kit and flies great. I purchased the RAW over the pro with the thought that in future when i'm trying to get work with it I can offer 4k dng footage if needed. I therefore just assumed that there would be several options in the video format section of the DJI go app to record 4k dig & 4k mp4, I can only find an option for 4k dng is there an mp4 option or do I have to post process all 4k footage I get?
Isn't there a sd card slot on the camera?
i'm getting ready to upgrade, I thought I read there was a micro sd card slot on camera and this had the compressed files.

Yeah there is I've just been put flying tonight and there is an option to record 4k mp4 to the sd, I'm not sure how I missed the option before, still getting used to the app.

You should be able to record 4K MP4 to the SD card slot, simultaneously to 4K DNG on the SSD with the RAW. At least I got that to work Once (unfortunately, my kit is in the shop getting a mainboard replacement so I can't confirm for you)...

Reactions: Captured Media
In the video settings menu there are options for recording size for the ssd and micro sd if it's set to 4k for the ssd it automatically records 4k to the sd card.

You are the man, thank you! I just got mine in the mail and the dngs are massive and I need to figure out a good workflow for them.

Thanks!

Yeah same I've nearly had nine 2 weeks. I had a play with a 2 min dng clip I'd shot in Premier Pro took about 5 mins to load the files then when I exported it it took about 45 mins. Did look amazing though! I'm sure there must be a faster way to do it.

Yeah this site has been a savior as there isn't too much info out about the Raw. Thanks for the help! Have fun flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin