Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 settings were reset to factory default!

Reaction score
Yesterday went to fly my inspire. When I started everything up, I went to check the return home altitude and to my astonishment found it to be 20 meters while I am sure I kept it at 60 meters! Checked other settings, everything was reset, i.e. altitude ceiling was back at 120 meters, automatic gear retracting was set to ON again, C1 and C2 button assignments changed... I did not like this at all and it could cause disaster especially with the RTH altitude! Did anybody experience this before? I had not done any firmware upgrades prior to this but the firmware BIN I kept on the memory card, could this have caused it?

Yesterday went to fly my inspire. When I started everything up, I went to check the return home altitude and to my astonishment found it to be 20 meters while I am sure I kept it at 60 meters! Checked other settings, everything was reset, i.e. altitude ceiling was back at 120 meters, automatic gear retracting was set to ON again, C1 and C2 button assignments changed... I did not like this at all and it could cause disaster especially with the RTH altitude! Did anybody experience this before? I had not done any firmware upgrades prior to this but the firmware BIN I kept on the memory card, could this have caused it?
I have not experienced such a reset but I would suggest that it good practice (and written in my FRCs) to check all settings as part of your pre-flight checks.

Reactions: lake_flyer
You probably figured this out, but yes - you should immediately delete the BIN file from your SD card after the update is complete as rebooting the I1 with the BIN file on the SD card will initiate an update which would cause the symptoms you describe...

You probably figured this out, but yes - you should immediately delete the BIN file from your SD card after the update is complete as rebooting the I1 with the BIN file on the SD card will initiate an update which would cause the symptoms you describe...
I always keep the bin file on my card. Never happened to me. The manual recommends leaving the bin file so you can ensure all of your components are up to date after connecting each time.

The inspire will not try to update its firmware again if the same bin file is on the card. The first check at power on is a comparison of the firmware on the inspire vs the bin file. If they match, it doesn't do anything and ignores the bin file. The .txt file will also have a reading of "failed."

Edit: The latest manual has been revised to focus on firmware updates through the DJI go app and the recommendation to leave the bin file in the SD card is no longer there.

Last edited:
Reactions: lake_flyer
As Scotflieger says.
Proper preflight checks. In the 'hangar', before leaving, and in the field, before take off.
Always. Mitigating risk is every pilots responsibility.

I have had this, I have noticed the C1 and C2 function change, and I have noticed the RTH altitude change, I cannot be sure if they were at the same time as I dont remember.

I always have C2 set to bring up the battery info screen and always check the cells as part of my preflight, so its hard to take-off with a changed assignment without me realising. That isn't a purposeful check, just something that has turned out to be habit. I find it easier to check the sensor values after bringing up the battery info first.

Dump the Bin file - why risk a un-wanted firmware re-load plus the fact on every start it has to do a version check routine.

If you feel you can't live without it - stick it on another SD card and keep it in you flight box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla